The General Studies degree prepares students for transfer to a four year college or university. Students study a balanced program of humanities, mathematics, science, and social science courses as a foundation for further learning. Students are urged to consult with an academic advisor or counselor to ensure that the courses selected meet Navarro College requirements and those of the four year college or university to which transfer is intended.
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- analyze intricate problems involving unclear possibilities.
- employ effective methods of research.
- apply information literacy skills.
- effectively use written and oral communication skills.
- discuss the differences in human cultures.
See the Navarro College Catalog for degree plans for:
A.A. in General Studies
A.S. in General Studies
See the Navarro College Catalog for course listings at www.navarrocollege.edu/courses
Customer Service Representative
Retail Assistant Manager
- Academic Earth: Video Lectures from the World’s Top Scholars
- Aldo Leopold Archives
- David Rumsey Map Collection
- Directory of Open Access Journals
- Encyclopedia Britannica
- Find a Grave
- Forvo: The Pronunciation Guide
- Classic Authors
- Facts and Reference
- The Food Timeline
- Futurity.org: News from Leading Research Universities
- Globalpost (International News)
- Great Issues Forum
- ICON: International Coalition on Newspapers
- The Internet Public Library
- Nobel e-Museum
- OneLook Dictionaries
- Open Library
- OpenNet Initiative
- United Nations
- Virtual Library
- Wordnik (Dictionary)
GET MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROGRAM
Complete the form below to get started!