If you to prepare for a degree that will allow you to work in the music field, look to Navarro College for hands-on experience, a foundation in critical thinking and skills to succeed at a senior college or university.
The Associate in Arts Degree is a transfer curriculum for students who plan to pursue a degree in music after completing their studies at Navarro College. In addition to private instruction on most instruments, Navarro College offers a wide variety of opportunities to perform, compete and learn about music.
- The Navarro College Marching Band performs a number of exciting field, street, and exhibition performances each fall.
- Jazz Band members study and perform various jazz styles, including swing, bebop, latin, blues and ballads.
- Concert Band performs high-quality concert literature of all levels in the spring.
- Woodwind Ensemble is a small group that specifically explores the woodwind repertoire.
- Brass Ensemble is a small group that specifically explores the brass repertoire.
- Percussion Ensemble is a small group that specifically explores the percussion repertoire.
- Guitar Ensemble is a small group that specifically explores the guitar repertoire.
- The Navarro College Pep Band performs at home basketball games.
Students interested in studying vocal music have the opportunity to pursue private instruction for all voice types. Navarro College also boasts several student choirs.
- The Navarro Collegiate Singers perform a variety of musical genre from the renaissance to the 20th century. Styles of music include small group performances of madrigal music during the fall & holiday season, to jazz and Broadway show tunes during the spring semester. This group performs at all scheduled music department concerts and throughout the surrounding communities.
- The College Chorale is a large choir that sings a wide variety of music, including Broadway, pop and all idioms of the standard choral repertoire.
- The Chamber Singers are a small a capella group that explores the traditional classical literature.
MUSI 1159 Musical Theater
MUSI 1211 Music Theory I
MUSI 1212 Music Theory II
MUSI 1216 Elementary Sight-Singing and Ear Training I
MUSI 1217 Elementary Sight-Singing and Ear Training II
MUSI 1306 Music Appreciation
MUSI 1308 Music Literature
MUSI 1309 Music Literature
MUSI 1310 American Popular Music
MUSI 2159 Musical Theater
MUSI 2211 Music Theory III
MUSI 2212 Music Theory IV
MUSI 2126 Advanced Sight-Singing and Ear Training III
MUSI 2217 Advanced Sight-Singing and Ear Training IV
MUEN 1121 & 1122 Marching and Concert Band
MUEN 1131 & 1132 Jazz / Stage Band
MUEN 1133 & 1134 Brass Ensemble
MUEN 1136 & 1137 WoodWind Ensemble
MUEN 1138 & 1139 Percussion Ensemble
MUEN 1141 & 1142 College Chorale
MUEN 1143 & 1144 Guitar Ensemble
MUEN 1151 & 1152 Collegiate Singers
MUEN 1153 & 1154 Chamber Singers
MUEN 2121 & 2122 Marching and Concert Band
MUEN 2131 & 2132 Jazz / Stage Band
MUEN 2133 & 2134 Brass Ensemble
MUEN 2136 & 2137 WoodWind Ensemble
MUEN 2138 & 2139 Percussion Ensemble
MUEN 2141 & 2142 College Chorale
MUEN 2143 & 2144 Guitar Ensemble
MUEN 2151 & 2152 Collegiate Singers
MUEN 2153 & 2154 Chamber Singers
MUSI 1181 Class Piano I
MUSI 1182 Class Piano II
MUSI 1183 Class Voice
MUSI 1184 Class Voice
MUSI 1192 Class Guitar I
MUSI 1193 Class Guitar II
MUSI 2181 Class Piano III
MUSI 2182 Class Piano IV
MUSI 2183 Class Voice
MUSI 2184 Class Voice
MUSI 2192 Class Guitar III
Private Music Instruction (MUAP)
Band or Orchestra Member
The Acoustical Society of America
American Music Therapy Association
American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers
International Society for the Performing Arts Foundation
League of American Orchestras
Music Library Association
The National Association for Music Education
National Music Council
Carol Hanes, Dean
Fine Arts, Room 122
Jerry Whorton, Band Director
Fine Arts, Room 102
Rodney Headge, Choir
Fine Arts, Room 115
Christina Mims, Piano
Fine Arts, Room 110
American Sign Language
Bloggity, Bloggity, Blogging
**Tuition cost reflects a 15-credit hour semester for in-district students for the 2013-2014 academic year.
Cost does not include labs, fees, books, or supplies. Program costs are approximate and cost is subject to change.
Download the full Fall 2014 tuition chart here .