If you to prepare for a degree that will allow you to work in the music field, look to Navarro College for hands-on experience, a foundation in critical thinking and skills to succeed at a senior college or university.
The Associate in Arts Degree is a transfer curriculum for students who plan to pursue a degree in music after completing their studies at Navarro College. In addition to private instruction on most instruments, Navarro College offers a wide variety of opportunities to perform, compete and learn about music.
- The Navarro College Marching Band performs a number of exciting field, street, and exhibition performances each fall.
- Jazz Band members study and perform various jazz styles, including swing, bebop, latin, blues and ballads.
- Concert Band performs high-quality concert literature of all levels in the spring.
- Woodwind Ensemble is a small group that specifically explores the woodwind repertoire.
- Brass Ensemble is a small group that specifically explores the brass repertoire.
- Percussion Ensemble is a small group that specifically explores the percussion repertoire.
- Guitar Ensemble is a small group that specifically explores the guitar repertoire.
- The Navarro College Pep Band performs at home basketball games.
Students interested in studying vocal music have the opportunity to pursue private instruction for all voice types. Navarro College also boasts several student choirs.
- The Navarro Collegiate Singers perform a variety of musical genre from the renaissance to the 20th century. Styles of music include small group performances of madrigal music during the fall & holiday season, to jazz and Broadway show tunes during the spring semester. This group performs at all scheduled music department concerts and throughout the surrounding communities.
- The College Chorale is a large choir that sings a wide variety of music, including Broadway, pop and all idioms of the standard choral repertoire.
- The Chamber Singers are a small a capella group that explores the traditional classical literature.
See the Navarro College Catalog for degree plans for A.A. in Music
See the Navarro College Catalog for course listings at www.navarrocollege.edu/courses
Band or Orchestra Member
The Acoustical Society of America
American Music Therapy Association
American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers
International Society for the Performing Arts Foundation
League of American Orchestras
Music Library Association
The National Association for Music Education
National Music Council
Executive Dean’s Office
GET MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROGRAM
Complete the form below to get started!