How to Request Dual Credit at Your School
Interested in providing this opportunity to students in your district? Here’s what to do:
1. Call an Academic Dual Credit Advisor at:
- Corsicana campus (903) 875-7527 (Carol Hanes)
- Mexia campus (254) 562-6524 (Linda Davis)
- Midlothian and Waxahachie campuses (972) 923-6424 (Renae Tribble)
Call a Director of Career Center for Career & Technical Dual Credit at:
- Corsicana campus (903) 875-7481 (Darla Littrel)
2. Discuss your dual credit needs.
3. Mail your resume or vita, letter of interest and course syllabus to:
Dean of Arts, Sciences, and Humanities
3200 W. 7th Avenue, Corsicana, TX 75110
Here’s what we’ll do:
- Put you in contact with the appropriate academic department head and forward your materials for academic department review. We can send you a course syllabus to compare your course with the Navarro College on campus course if you desire.
- Visit your school and speak to your school officials (principals, counselors, teachers, etc.) regarding this opportunity. We will also be happy to visit with parents and students, as well.
- Send an official agreement to your school district for signatures, once faculty are approved, allowing us to proceed with the revenue sharing agreement.
- This agreement allows one-half of the net income to be returned to the school district. Students pay one-half (rounded up to the nearest whole dollar amount) of the on-campus basic student fee.
- Visit your approved dual credit class each semester for a 20-30 minute presentation to answer any student’s questions and to hand out registration materials. Students will generally have 2 days to get the materials completed, returned to the high school for the counselors signatures and verification of GPA and ACT scores.
- Return to your school to pick up completed forms or request that your counselor mail these to designated college advisor listed above.
Please note: The academic department at Navarro College is responsible for course content and will assist dual credit faculty with course content. The academic department will also assist with book selection and/or approval.