International Student Office
Welcome International Students! Thank you for your interest in Navarro College! My name is Elizabeth Pillans, and I am the International Student Coordinator. Our Office of International Student Services is available to assist you with any questions you may have. As a first-time or transfer international student, you will find forms needed to apply to Navarro College here. Also, our website has links and information about our many academic programs, as well as housing options on campus and student organizations. Please contact me with any questions.
I hope to see you at Navarro College soon!
Director of International Programs
Phone: (903) 875-7370
As you all are aware, there have recently been confirmed cases of the Ebola virus in many countries throughout the world, including the United States. The health and safety of our international and domestic students is a top priority of Navarro College and we would like to provide you with the following information regarding the Ebola virus.
The likelihood of contracting any viral hemorrhagic fever, including Ebola, is considered extremely low unless there has been direct contact with the body fluids of symptomatic infected persons or animals, or objects that have been contaminated with body fluids. All individuals can take these everyday actions to help prevent the spread of illness:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer and rub your hands vigorously.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. Illnesses spread this way.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
Please see the following articles from the Center of Disease Control (CDC) for additional information about the Ebola virus.
- General information from the Centers of Disease Control (CDC): http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/index.html
- Signs and symptons: http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/symptoms/index.html
- Prevention: http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/prevention/index.html
- Risk of Exposure: http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/exposure/index.html
Please contact me should you have any questions or concerns.
Elizabeth Pillans, Director of International Programs