Navarro College is excited to host a variety of volleyball camps this summer that are sure to not only help players improve skills, but also provide a fun and competitive environment. Head Coach Kasey McBrearty will lead instruction along with a very talented team of coaches and players.
We want to thank all of you who made last year’s camp such a success and we invite you all back! We have added more camp dates in order to accommodate the huge demand from last season. You can expect more personalized attention, more activities, and more games! We will also include more camp awards and prizes this summer. It is our mission to make sure every camper enjoys their time on our campus. We are not only dedicated to improving the skills of every player at camp, we are looking for future Navarro College Bulldogs! Please see the camp dates below and choose the dates you would like to attend!
The ALL-SKILLS CAMP is specially designed to meet the needs of athletes entering grades 4-12. This camp focuses on all aspects of the game with the emphasis on fundamentals. Skill development is emphasized during hours of on-court instruction in the following areas: serving, serve receiving, forearm passing, setting, attacking, team defense, blocking, team reception, attack coverage and team transition. Campers are skill-tested and placed in a group of similar age and ability. Overnight campers will be housed in Residence Hall and provided all meals.
For athletes entering grades 4-12
Medical Waiver (PDF)
For athletes entering grades 4-12
Medical Waiver (PDF)
What to Bring
The following are required for camp. The quantity is merely a recommendation.
- T-shirts (10+ should be adequate)
- Shorts (make sure they are comfortable cotton / biker shorts)
- No spaghetti-strap shirts will be allowed
- Ankle braces (optional)
- Extra Socks (10+ pairs of socks), playing shoes and sandals
- Sports Bras (10)
- Please wear court shoes that are already broken in (new shoes may cause blisters)
- Umbrella or poncho — please be prepared if it rains
- >Knee Pads
- Towels, washcloths, soap and personal toiletries
- Rubber bands/hair ties
- Tampons (just in case)
- Body Spray (optional)
- Twin sheets
- Twin bedspread
- Bath Towels
- Alarm clock
- Snacks for your room (optional)
- Cellphone/ charger
- Board game/ Card game of your choice
- Money for snacks
Please bring whatever you will need to make your stay more enjoyable.
Snacks and T-shirts will be available for purchase.
- Check-in time 12:00 p.m.
- Check-out time 12:00 p.m.
- Wake up at 7:30 a.m.
- Lights out 10:00 p.m.
- You must let your camp coach and counselor know where you are at all times. You are to stay in your group or team at all times unless in your dorm room or the room of a fellow camper.
- You are not permitted to leave the dorms for any reason unless you are in the gym for camp or the dining hall.
- There are only three locations where your time will be spent (dorm, dining hall, gym) unless otherwise specified by your camp coach.
- The guardian listed on the registration form, unless other arrangements have been requested and approved, can only do check out. Camper will only be released to the person listed, so please make sure to inform us if anyone else will pick you up.
- You must follow the rules and guidelines as determined by your camp coach.
- If there are any problems in the dorms/camp, you must report them to your camp coach/counselor immediately.
- No outside visitors will be permitted in the dorms.
- Be clean and courteous in the dining hall
- Last rule….have lots of fun!
- Always be kind and courteous to your fellow campers.
- Three whistles – All the balls up and back to your lines and always listen to the instruction of your camp coach.
- Have a great attitude, ready to learn and open to change. Be coachable!
- No beverages or food should be consumed on the area of play.
- All bags and possessions should be placed neatly in the first and second row of bleachers. Remember where you leave your items.
- Do not bring expensive jewelry or other items that you do not want to lose at camp.
- Wear volleyball attire; tennis shoes, sport bras, T-shirts, cotton shorts (no jean shorts, please) etc… while playing.
- Make sure you are quiet and attentive when instruction is being given.
- Keep balls clear of the playing area.
- Stay hydrated.
- No gum chewing on the court.
- No cell phones visible in the gym. Keep them in your room so you are not tempted to check them and text, etc…
Violators of any of these rules are subject to dismissal from camp. Dismissal is based on coach’s judgment and is not limited to the rules stated above.
Drop Off/Pick Up
All check-in will be at Gibson Hall for all camps. Find the table with the corresponding initial of your last name. You will be given a camper check-in form to sign and the camper will be given her name tags, key and dorm room assignment. Once registration is complete, campers will be escorted to the dorms by a camp coach to drop off their things. They will return to the gym for open play until registration is complete. Please make sure you are dressed appropriately in volleyball attire and ready to begin play on your return back to the gymnasium.
Camper pick-up is Thursday at noon. Please make sure you are on time for camper pick-up. The camper can only be picked up by the person who dropped them off unless otherwise arranged by the parent / guardian during drop off. Upon checkout, parents must check out the camper from their camp coach and sign them out before they can be released. Checkout will occur at the same location as pick-up.
Parents are more than welcome to come Thursday and watch camp finals and the awards ceremony.