Department of Campus Safety
Campus Police Emergency Number: (903) 875-7500
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
The Clery Act Summary
- Schools must publish an annual report disclosing campus security policies and three years worth of selected crime statistics.
- Schools must make timely warnings to the campus community about crimes that pose an ongoing threat to students and employees.
- Each institution with a police or security department must have a public crime log.
- The U.S. Department of Education (DOE) centrally collects and disseminates the crime statistics.
- Campus sexual assault victims are assured of certain basic rights.
- Schools that fail to comply can be fined by the DOE.
To learn more about the Clery Act, go to the Clery Center webpage. For information on Texas Sex Offenders, visit: https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/SexOffender/PublicSite/Index.aspx.