Certified Medication Aide
$525.00 plus $25.00 state test fee
In order to be registered, applicant must present:
- Notarized copy of high school diploma or GED from an accredited school.
NO ONLINE DIPLOMAS/GEDs ACCEPTED.
Out of country high school transcripts must be evaluated PRIOR to registration.
- Be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Be free of communicable diseases and in suitable physical and emotional health to safely administer medications.
- Be a graduate of a high school or have a GED
- Be currently employed in a facility as a nurse aide or non-licensed direct care staff person on the first official day of an applicant’s medication aide training program.
- Have been employed in a facility for 90 days as a non-licensed direct care staff person. This employment must have been completed within the 12-month period preceding the first official day of the applicant’s medication aide training program. An applicant employed as a nurse aide in a Medicare skilled nursing facility or a Medicaid nursing facility is exempt from the 90-day requirement.
An institution licensed under the Health and Safety Code, Chapter 242; a state school as defined in the Health and Safety Code, §531.002(17); a correctional institution as established under the jurisdiction of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice; an intermediate care facility for persons with mental retardation operated by a community mental retardation center established under Health and Safety Code, Chapter 534; or an assisted living facility licensed under the Health and Safety Code, Chapter 247, as a certified nurse aide and be a nurse aide in good standing on the state registry.
|May 18 - Aug. 26, 2015 |
15/Q3 NURA 1013 W153A
|TTH||5:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.||Waxahachie|
|Aug. 19 - Dec. 7, 2015|
15/Q4 NURA 1013 C154A
|MW||5:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.||Corsicana|
*REQUIRED TEXTBOOK & SUPPLIES:
|Administering Medications, Pharmacology for Health Centers - 8th Edition
by Donna Gauwitz
Approximate cost: $155
Darla Littrel, Interim Dean
Theresa Johnson, Coordinator