$650.00 plus $25.00 state test fee
140 hour course.
In order to be registered, applicant must present:
- Notarized copy of high school diploma or GED from an accredited school.
NO ONLINE DIPLOMAS/GEDs ACCEPTED.
Out of country high school transcripts must be evaluated PRIOR to registration.
- Be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Be free of communicable diseases and in suitable physical and emotional health to safely administer medications.
- Be a graduate of a high school or have a GED
- Be currently employed in a facility as a nurse aide or non-licensed direct care staff person on the first official day of an applicant’s medication aide training program.
- Have been employed in a facility for 90 days as a non-licensed direct care staff person. This employment must have been completed within the 12-month period preceding the first official day of the applicant’s medication aide training program. An applicant employed as a nurse aide in a Medicare skilled nursing facility or a Medicaid nursing facility is exempt from the 90-day requirement.
An institution licensed under the Health and Safety Code, Chapter 242; a state school as defined in the Health and Safety Code, §531.002(17); a correctional institution as established under the jurisdiction of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice; an intermediate care facility for persons with mental retardation operated by a community mental retardation center established under Health and Safety Code, Chapter 534; or an assisted living facility licensed under the Health and Safety Code, Chapter 247, as a certified nurse aide and be a nurse aide in good standing on the state registry.
|Corsicana||For information call 903-875-7557||See the following website to complete a DPS - Criminal History Report: https://records.tx.dps.state.tx.us/DpsWebsite/CriminalHistory/|
|July. 24 - Nov. 22, 2017||MW||5:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m.||Corsicana
|Waxahachie||For information call 972-923-6441||See the following website to complete a DPS - Criminal History Report: https://records.tx.dps.state.tx.us/DpsWebsite/CriminalHistory/|
|Jun. 05 - Sep. 27, 2017|
17/Q4 NURA 1013 W174
|MW||5:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m.||Waxahachie|
*REQUIRED TEXTBOOK & SUPPLIES:
|Administering Medications, Pharmacology for Health Centers - 8th Edition
by Donna Gauwitz
Approximate cost: $155
Continuing Education - Ellis County Campus
Continuing Education - Navarro County & South Campuses