Certified Nurse Aide
$500.00 plus $95.00 state test fee
The nurse aide program provides the preparation for entry level nursing assistants to achieve a level of knowledge, skills, and abilities essential to provide basic care to residents of long-term care facilities. Topics include: resident’s rights, communication, safety, observation, reporting and assisting residents in maintaining basic comfort and safety.
In order to be registered, student must provide:
- Statewide Background Check
- Immunization Record with the following:
- One dose of Tetanus-Diphtheria toxin within the last ten years
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella vaccine – series of two (2)
- Complete series of Hepatitis B – three (3) shots
- Variclla vaccine (Chicken Pox) or acceptable evidence of the disease
- Negative TB skin test or Negative Chest x-ray
- Driver’s License for proof of age – must be 17 years of age
- Social Security Card
|Feb. 23 - May 7, 2015 (new books required)||MTTh||5:45 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.||TBA Nurse Aide Room Corsicana|
|Apr. 1 - Jun. 30, 2015 (new books required)||W evenings & |
|W, eves, 5:45 p.m. - 9:45 p.m. &|
S, days, 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
|TBA (Bain Center)|
|Jan. 05 - Mar. 16, 2015 (new books required)||MTTh||6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.||Waxahachie Bldg D|
|Apr. 20 - Jun. 25, 2015 (new books required)||MTTh||6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.||Waxahachie Bldg D|
|Jul. 06 - Sep. 11, 2015 (new books required)||MTTh||6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.||Waxahachie Bldg D|
|Sep. 21 - Nov. 20, 2015 (new books required)||MTTh||6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.||Waxahachie Bldg D|
*REQUIRED TEXTBOOK & SUPPLIES:
|Hartman's Nursing Assistant Care Long-Term Care - Third Edition
|Workbook Hartman's Nursing Assistant Care
|Stethoscope required at Waxahachie campus|
The following immunizations are required by law according to Section 2.09 of the Texas Education Code Revised May 25, 2010 for all students enrolled in higher education courses involved in direct patient care contact. (This policy may also be applicable to students enrolling in the Child Development Associate credentialing program.) Students enrolled in the following courses MUST have documentation of the required immunizations on file with the NC Continuing Education office prior to participating in any clinical. This applies to any student participating Certified Nurse Aide and Phlebotomy.
- TETANUS / DIPHTHERIA (Immunization) Students must have proof of tetanus/diphtheria immunization within last 10 years.
- RUBELLA (Immunization or blood test) All students must have proof of one dose of rubella vaccine administered on or after their 1st birthday OR serologic confirmation of rubella immunity or serologic evidence of infection.
- MEASLES (Immunization or blood test) All students born after January 1, 1957 must have proof of two doses of measles vaccines administered on or after their 1st birthday at least 30 days apart OR proof of immunity to measles (serologic confirmation). At least one dose must be completed prior to patient contact. Measles is also known as rubella.
- MUMPS (Immunization or blood test) All students born after January 1, 1957 must have proof of one dose of mumps vaccine administered on or after their 1st birthday OR proof of mumps immunity (serologic confirmation).
- VARICELLA (Immunization or blood test). All students must have one dose of varicella vaccine after their 1st birthday if the vaccine was received prior to the 13th birthday, or two doses of varicella vaccine if the vaccine was received after the 13th birthday. Serologic confirmation (blood test) of varicella immunity is also acceptable. Effective July, 2013 – statements of history of illness are no longer acceptable.
- HEPATITIS B (Immunization or blood test) Effective February 15, 2007, all students in NC Continuing Education classes that involve direct patient contact clinicals, will be required to provide the following: prior to course registration
- (a) Written proof of all three Hepatitis B shots (copy of shot record) OR
- (b) Written proof that they have had the first shot of the three-shot series (copy of shot record) and provide the original of their completed and notarized waiver: “Exemption from Immunizations for Reasons of Conscience Affidavit Form” for exemption from the two remaining shots. OR
- (c) Provide the original of their completed and notarized waiver: “Exemption from Immunizations for Reasons of Conscience Affidavit Form” for exemption from all three shots. The request for waiver must follow the processes of the Texas Health Department and it is the student’s responsibility to submit the documentation in a timely manner to the State. A waiver, approved by the Texas health Department, must be on file in the Continuing Education office.
- Current TB Test. No older than one year prior to class end date. Note: A MMR immunization includes two measles, one mumps, and one rubella vaccination.
PREGNANCY – Requirements for measles, rubella and mumps vaccines are waived during pregnancy. Pregnancy is not a medical contraindication for administration of Tetanus/diphtheria toxoids, but it is best to delay until the second trimester.
Copies of records from physician’s offices, public health department, public schools, other colleges and the military are acceptable. Students should provide the college with a copy of the records. Please do not turn in the originals. RECORDS MUST BE COMPLETE PRIOR TO COURSE REGISTRATION.
Note: Students may call the Department of State Health Services Immunization Branch Hotline for assistance on any immunization-related issue, including the interpretation of immunization records. The phone number is (800) 252-9152.