Students with Pell Grant and Repeat Loan Borrowers can use financial aid in the bookstore beginning the week before classes start. Financial aid is only available for use in the bookstore through the end of the first week of school so that refunds can be made on the below listed date. Students who are New Loan Borrowers, that do not have other types of financial aid will be responsible for paying for their own books.
Students awarded financial aid after the initial date listed below will be refunded 14 business days following the award date. Loan borrowers will be refunded only after all three steps are completed for accepting loans. The steps for accepting loans are listed under the “How to Accept” tab.
- Pell Grant – January 29, 2016
- Repeat Loan Borrower – January 29, 2016
Spring 2016 Only (enrolled in no Fall 2015 classes through Navarro College)
- Repeat Loan Borrower 1st Disbursement – January 29, 2016
- New Loan Borrower 1st Disbursement – February 26, 2016
- Spring Only 2nd Disbursement – March 25, 2016
Spring 2016 – March Semester
- Pell Grant – April 1, 2016
- New Loan Borrower – April 29, 2016
- Repeat Loan Borrower 1st Disbursement- April 1, 2016
- Repeat Loan Borrower 2nd Disbursement April 29, 2016
Summer 1 (June Start)
- Pell Grant – June 17, 2016
- Repeat Loan Borrower 1st Disbursement – June 17, 2016
- New Loan Borrower 1st Disbursement – July 15, 2016
- 2nd Disbursement – July 15, 2016
Summer 2 (July Start)
- Pell Grant – July 15, 2016
- Repeat Loan Borrower 1st Disbursement- July 15, 2016
- Repeat Loan Borrower 2nd Disbursement – August 12, 2016
- New Borrower Disbursement – August 12, 2016
Spring Day Academy
- Pell refund – January 22, 2016
- New Borrower – February 19, 2016
- Repeat Borrower – January 22, 2016
- Pell Refund – March 25, 2016
- Loan Refund (New and Repeat) – March 25, 2016
Fall/Spring Night Academy
- Pell refund – August 28, 2015
- New Borrower – September 18, 2015
- Repeat Borrower – August 28, 2015
- Pell Refund – January 15, 2016
- Loan Refund (New and Repeat) – January 15, 2016
- Pell – September 9, 2016
- Repeat Loan Borrower – September 9, 2016
- New Loan Borrower – October 7, 2016
Fall 2016 – 12wk Semester (Starts Sept 26)
- Pell Grant – October 7, 2016
- Repeat Loan Borrower- October 7, 2016
- New Loan Borrower – November 4, 2016
Fall 2016 – 8wk Semester (Starts Oct 24)
- Pell Grant – November 4, 2016
- Repeat Loan Borrower- November 4, 2016
- New Loan Borrower – December 2, 2016
Navarro College disburses all financial aid balances, including Stafford Loans, through each student’s Beau Card. First time students will receive the Beau Card in the mail after registration. Visit www.beaucard.com for more information.
Police academy students from all campuses receive all refunds via checks made through the Corsicana business office on the listed refund date.
Please note, WebAdvisor balances are adjusted for current student enrollment status. If you are less than full time (12 hours) your Pell Grant refund is reduced to less than your total award. For more information regarding how the pell grant amounts are affected by enrollment, please see our Grants page.
If a student receives a refund for a semester and then withdraws or is dropped from all courses the student will be responsible for repaying some or all money received and/or used. The amount that the student is responsible for repaying will be determined based on the time at which the student withdraws from the semester. Any funds owed to Navarro College or the Department of Education must be repaid before the student will be able to re-enroll, request transcripts, or be eligible for additional financial aid.
- Financial aid will be disbursed based on the number of active courses at the time. This means that students may have multiple disbursements during the semester. Students with multiple start dates must have all tuition for the semester paid before refunds are processed.
- Classes that start after the beginning of the regular term will be paid ten days prior to the beginning of that class.
- Students who enroll in a non-standard term class (ex. 12 or 8 week) after their aid has been fully disbursed will be responsible for payment of the tuition of the class.