Why consider the Honors Program?
- Complete core curriculum classes with an in-depth perspective on the subject matter
- Engage with professionals from a variety of fields, exposing you to industry insights
- Collaborate with peers focused on innovative thinking in choice classes
- Special designations on your transcript
- Recognition during graduation
- One-on-one faculty advisors
- Priority advising and registration each semester
- Articulation agreements with four-year universities
- Unique cultural and social activities
- Exclusive Honors residences with special amenities
What type of student would benefit?
- Curious learners
- Socially-conscious personalities
- Focused individuals
- Desire to find a niche in a scholarly community
- Future leaders
Do I qualify?
- Incoming freshman must have at least a 3.5 high school GPA
- Current/transfer students must have at least a 3.25 GPA and be classified as full-time
How do I apply?
- Complete an Honors Application
- Write an essay of intent
- Submit two letters of recommendation from a high school or college level instructor
For more information, call (903) 875-7381 and ask to speak to Carol Hanes, Dean of Arts, Sciences, and Humanities.
It is the hope of the Honors Coordinator and the Honors Advisory Committee that the 2013-2014 academic year will be one of exploration, learning, and community for all members of the Honors Program.