GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The OSHA Instructor is responsible for teaching a variety of OSHA courses (12-48 hr), including HAZMAT and HAZWHOPPER classes within the Continuing Education Department.
Teaching assignments may include classes at off-campus sites, especially Industry Partner locations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach and supervise subject area courses as assigned.
- Coordinate/conduct class orientation
- Assist with registration of students; delivering (to student) and retrieving (delivery to CE personnel) necessary student registration documents on first day of instruction.
- Maintain a sign-in sheet of students attending each class session.
- Communicate course needs with Continuing Education staff; i.e.-required instructional materials, special concerns with industry partner and/or students, and any other concerns as they arise.
- Maintain communication with appropriate representatives when teaching at off-campus sites.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND,
- Background and expertise in subject area, including OSHA certifications.
- Previous teaching experience preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- OSHA Certified Instructor
- An understanding of and commitment to the education of students.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing and ability to work effectively with students, faculty, administrators, classified staff, and diverse community groups.
- Specific knowledge in:
- OSHA rules and regulations as they pertain to general industry and construction.
- Demonstrate knowledge of site-specific Health and Safety Plan (HASP).
- Hazardous materials management
- Site safety and emergency plans
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Coordinator of Workforce Education
DEPARTMENT: Continuing Education & Protective Services
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Position open until filled