GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Instructor is responsible for teaching a variety of PLC classes within the Continuing Education Department as assigned.
Teaching assignments may include classes at off-campus sites, especially Industry Partner locations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach and supervise PLC both basic and advanced classes as assigned.
- Coordinate/conduct class orientation and registration of students; delivering (to student) and retrieving (delivery to CE personnel) necessary student registration documents on first day of instruction.
- Maintain a sign in sheet of students attending class for each class day.
- Communicate with Continuing Education department required instructional materials, special concerns with Industry Partner and/or students, and any other concerns as they arise.
- Maintain communication with appropriate Industry Partner representatives and Continuing Education department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND,
- Appropriate degree, certifications or experience to effectively instruct PLC classes.
- Previous teaching experience preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- An understanding of and commitment to the education of students.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing and ability to work effectively with students, faculty, administrators, classified staff, and diverse community groups.
- Specific knowledge in:
- General principles of programmable electrical controls and their components in the electrical power industry.
- Basic hardware and software applications for industrial programmable logic controllers including power supplies, discrete Input/Output modules, programming devices, processors, basic logic elements, timers and counters.
- Busy with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Director of Continuing Education & Protective Services
DEPARTMENT: Continuing Education & Protective Services
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Position open until filled