Adjunct faculty positions are part-time instructor positions. Navarro College keeps an open pool of adjunct applications for all teaching disciplines listed on our web site. The applications are made available to the Deans and Assistant Deans for review, and will be kept on file for one year. This listing is for an Accounting Adjunct on our Corsicana and Ellis County Campuses.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for teaching a variety of undergraduate Accounting courses, including Financial and Managerial Accounting transfer courses during the day.
- Teaching assignment may include classes at the main campus in Corsicana, or on the Ellis County Campuses.
- Summer classes may be available.
- Blackboard experience desired.
- A working knowledge of Excel and QuickBooks is preferred. In lieu of experience, a willingness to learn both is a must.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Academic transfer courses require a Master’s degree in Accounting or a Master’s degree with 18 or more graduate level hours in Accounting.
- Recent work experience in the field of Accounting preferred. CPA or CMA a plus.
- Non-transfer courses require a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a Bachelor’s degree and work experience in the Accounting field. CPA or CMA a plus.
- Prior teaching experience highly preferred.
- Experience with an Accounting Homework Manager desired.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Dean of Business, Professional & Technical Education
DEPARTMENT: Business Professional & Technical Education
SALARY: Commensurate with Education and Experience
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Position open until filled