This is a grant funded position and continuation is dependent upon availability of funds.
The Online Curriculum Developer is responsible for the development and growth of Navarro College’s online and blended delivery modes of instruction for ShaleNET US. The Developer will plan, organize, collaborate, implement and maintain the ShaleNET US e-learning program in Petroleum Technology.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop online curriculum modules for the ShaleNET US Well Site Trainer
- Assist in the assessment and reporting of all online coursework and programs
- Provides leadership for online and web-enhanced courses, overseeing the development of online programs and their assessment to ensure their quality.
- Assist in maintaining communication with appropriate Industry Partner representatives and Navarro College Administration. Effectively communicate program requirements, needs, and success.
- Ensure the curriculum developed adheres to the Navarro College Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Recommend curricula revisions and updates as needed reflecting changes in philosophy and needs of the partnering companies and the oil and gas industry.
- Coordinate and/or conduct training for faculty and students on developed curriculum.
- Cultivates an environment of academic and professional excellence for online faculty and students
- Support the overall growth of the Petroleum Technology Program and perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. AAS degree from an accredited college or university in petroleum technology, education, instructional technology, curriculum design, educational technology, instructional design, and/or related field required.
- At least three (3) years of experience with online programs in higher education
- At least three (3) years of teaching experience in higher education with both traditional and adult students.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Experience in leading and managing online programs and support, including learning management systems (e.g., Blackboard), and instructional design.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Skills in instructional design and/or distributed learning and online planning.
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of online academic programs.
- Abilities in leadership and management of online delivery.
- Familiarity with web page design and significant knowledge of Blackboard and/or open source course management systems are required.
- Expertise in technology and web-based tools.
- Must demonstrate expertise in areas including e-learning and educational technologies for all age learners, instructional design, learning theory, performance improvement, and adult development.
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student populations including excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge and experience in the provision of services in an academic setting
- Strong computer and analytical skills.
- Superior organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail and a focus on quality.
- Ability to prioritize work and perform well under pressure.
- Willingness to engage in professional development activities related to online learning and the online learning delivery model.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of trends in the field, such as distance education, course management, social software, collaborative software, learning objects, etc.
- Must have strong computer skills: experience with MS Office applications (Excel spreadsheets, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Must have the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- An understanding of and commitment to the community college philosophy.
- A student-oriented philosophy.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
- Must be able to function in a fast-paced environment with numerous distractions while maintaining a professional, service-oriented disposition.
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a timely manner
REPORTS TO: This position reports directly to ShaleNET Western Hub – Regional Hub Coordinator.
DEPARTMENT: Business, Professional and Technical Education
SALARY: $55,000.00 annually
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Position open until filled