The OTA Lab Assistant shall be responsible for the maintenance of the department’s clinical training labs and will act in a supervisory role for students during lab activities. He/She will take direction from the Program Director and/or the OTA faculty.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible to the OTA Program Director, the OTA faculty, and the Dean of Health Professions.
- Assists with implementing teaching-learning process in the campus lab setting by:
- Setting up learning and/or check-off stations
- Maintaining OTA labs for instructional purposes
- Conducting skills practice sessions under direction of the OTA faculty
- Assisting faculty with evaluation of students and/or remediation in meeting specific criteria
- Maintaining cleanliness and order within the lab classrooms
- Ensuring supplies, equipment and linen are available for teaching and student lab work
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Initial certification as a COTA.
- Current licensure as an LOTA or COTA in the State of Texas. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Work effectively within a group, student oriented, and able to meet deadlines.
- Willing to work within the philosophical framework of Navarro College and the Occupational Therapy Assistant Program.
- Demonstrates effective and professional communication with students and College faculty, staff and individuals in the community.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- An understanding of and commitment to the community college philosophy.
- An understanding of the accreditation standards for ACOTE and SACS.
- Commitment to quality education and to the professional development of faculty and staff.
- A student-centered philosophy.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with students and faculty.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
The OTA Lab Assistant is directly accountable to the OTA Faculty and Program Director, and ultimately to the Dean of Health Professions
DEPARTMENT: Health Professions
SALARY: Commensurate with Education and Experience
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Position open until filled