GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Adjunct ADN Instructor shall be directly responsible to the Associate Degree Nursing Program Director and Course Coordinator on the Corsicana and/or Waxahachie Campus and controlling agency.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible to the ADN Program Director and Course Coordinator.
- Assist with planning, implementing and evaluating the teaching learning process in the clinical setting, campus lab (Skills-Media Labs), and classroom.
- Assist faculty in facilitating clinical experiences for students.
- Provide clinical instruction to student groups in an acute care setting.
- Prepare and conduct select classroom learning experiences in area of expertise.
- Assist faculty with skills learning and validation stations.
- Attend departmental meetings and participates in planning, implementing and evaluating assigned courses for continued development of the nursing curriculum.
- Participate on assigned program committees.
- Assist with student tutoring and skills practice – individualized and group sessions.
- Maintain accurate and complete course records as required by law and Navarro College policy.
- Participate in the selection of campus lab supplies and other lab acquisitions.
- Maintains public relations with assigned clinical agencies.
- Participate in academic/individual counseling and advisement of ADN students.
- Perform other duties as requested by the ADN Program Director or Course Coordinator.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse in Texas.
- Master’s degree in Nursing.
- Has the clinical expertise to function effectively and safely in the clinical setting.
- Has nursing knowledge / teaching skills to instruct effectively on assigned topics in classroom and lab
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- An understanding of and commitment to the community college philosophy.
- Commitment to quality education and to the professional development of faculty and staff.
- A student-centered philosophy.
- Superior ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Work effectively within a group or independently, student oriented and able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with students, faculty, administrators, support staff, and diverse community groups.
- Willingness to work within the philosophical framework of Navarro College and the Licensed Vocational Nursing Program.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: ADN Program Director
SALARY: $25 – $30 per hour
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled