The Part-Time GED Instructor will perform a variety of classroom management duties in the efficient operation of an administrative capacity of the college. The Instructor will perform all instructional teaching, classroom management, maintain all files, supervise Aide(s), and other duties associated with the Adult Education program.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reports directly to and is responsible to the Director of Adult Education.
- Be familiar with rules and regulations of the Adult Education programs as stated in the operating guide for Adult Education programs in Texas.
- Responsible for management and accuracy of all monthly TEAMS (Texas Educating Adults Management Systems) data for students.
- Keep Adult Education program updated on all concerns regarding site, classes, students, and TEAMS.
- Maintain student attendance and retention in class.
- Administer assessments as required by TEA (Texas Education Agency).
- Maintain active membership of TALAE (Texas Association for Literacy & Adult Education).
- Meet state and federal targets of performance.
- Acquire professional development required by TEA by attending state & local conferences, workshops, and all other training sessions available.
- To administer BEST (Basic English Skills Test) Plus and/or TABE (Test for Adult Basic Education) when applicable.
- Attend GED Graduation/National Adult Education Honor Society (NAEHS) Induction ceremony and all other special events.
- Performs office duties as assigned.
- Turn in all paperwork in a timely manner.
- Create student lesson plans and provide a structured class schedule.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Certified in Education
- Bilingual in Spanish
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrate a spirit of team work.
- Must be proficient in classroom management, office management and have basic computer literacy skills. Must have good typing and keyboarding skills.
- Must have the ability to work effectively with students, faculty, administrators, and staff with the willingness to work in a cooperative way with others across multiple functions and departments.
- Must develop a thorough knowledge of the Adult Education policies and procedures and have the ability to use that information in various situations.
- Must be able to work in a busy environment with numerous interruptions.
- Demonstrate professionalism and ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Must be willing to work occasional weekends and nights.
REPORTS TO: Director of Adult Education
SALARY: $18. per hour; please contact 903-875-7464 for more information
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled