The Part-Time Adult Education (AE) Instructional Aide will perform a variety of classroom management duties in the efficient operation of an administrative capacity of the college. The AE Instructional Aide will assist in all instructional teaching, classroom management, maintaining all files and other duties associated with the Adult Education program.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reports directly to and is responsible to the assigned Instructor.
- Be familiar with rules and regulations of the Adult Education programs as stated in the operating guide for Adult Education programs in Texas.
- Responsible for management of all monthly TEAMS (Texas Educating Adults Management Systems) data for students.
- Keep Adult Education program updated on all concerns regarding site, classes, students, and TEAMS.
- Administer assessments as required by TEA (Texas Education Agency).
- Maintain active membership of TALAE (Texas Association for Literacy & Adult Education).
- Acquire professional development required by TEA by attending state & local conferences, workshops, and all other training sessions available.
- Attend GED Graduation/National Adult Education Honor Society (NAEHS) Induction ceremony and all other special events.
- To administer BEST (Basic English Skills Test) Plus and/or TABE (Test for Adult Basic Education) when applicable
- Performs classroom duties as assigned.
- Turn in all paperwork in a timely manner.
- Assist in creating student lesson plans and providing a structured class schedule.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Graduation from high school or equivalency
- Bilingual in Spanish
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrate a spirit of team work.
- Must be proficient in classroom management, office management and have basic computer literacy skills. Must have good typing and keyboarding skills.
- Must have the ability to work effectively with students, faculty, administrators, and staff with the willingness to work in a cooperative way with others across multiple functions and departments.
- Must develop a thorough knowledge of the Adult Education policies and procedures and have the ability to use that information in various situations.
- Must be able to work in a busy environment with numerous interruptions.
- Must be willing to work occasional weekends and nights.
REPORTS TO: Director of Adult Education
SALARY: $14.00 per hour; please contact 903-875-7464 for more information
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled