The LVN Clinical Instructor reports directly to the Vocational Nursing Program Coordinator and is responsible for the supervision and training of students in the clinical setting.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, implements and evaluates the teaching, learning process in the clinical setting and the campus lab setting.
- Assimilates the clinical rotation schedule (contacts clinical agencies and secures sites; develops the student schedule).
- Assists faculty with skills learning and validation stations.
- Attends departmental meetings and participates in planning, implementing and evaluating assigned courses for continued development of the nursing curriculum.
- Participates on assigned program committees.
- Assists with student tutoring and skills practice – individualized and group sessions.
- Maintains student records of clinical performance and completes student evaluations of clinical performance.
- Counsels and remediates students in deficient areas.
- Participates in planning and conducting clinical lab activities.
- Maintains a working relationship with the clinical sites.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the VN Program Director/Chairman.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Current licensure as a Licensed Vocational Nurse or Registered Nurse in Texas
- Minimum LVN Certificate or A.D.N. with Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in Nursing from an accredited nursing program.
- Minimum of three (3) years varied experience in a healthcare setting since graduation.
- Maintain current immunizations and CPR certification as required by the VN Program.
- Maintain current continuing education as required by the Texas Board of Nursing.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Work effectively within a group or independently, student oriented and able to meet deadlines
- Willing to work within the philosophical framework of Navarro College and the VN Program
- Have the clinical expertise to function effectively and safely in the clinical setting.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
SALARY: $25.00 per hour / 19 hours per week
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled