The Administrative Assistant performs a variety of moderate to complex administrative and clerical duties in the efficient operation of an administrative or academic capacity for the college. The administrative assistant supports all head coaches including the athletic trainer and is supervised by the Athletic Director.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform a variety of clerical duties at a high level of responsibility in an efficient and timely manner.
- Communicate with faculty, staff, students, and campus visitors both in person and on the telephone in a courteous and helpful manner.
- Must be friendly and outgoing.
- Responsible for compiling reports, data entry, preparing status forms, minutes, and spreadsheets.
- Responsible for preparing and processing purchase orders relating to game day operations.
- Responsible for tracking and distributing equipment and supply orders.
- Responsible for scholarship recordkeeping.
- Assist with the supervision of student workers.
- Prepare prospective student information packets for mailings and recruiting trips.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Coordinate incoming student information packets during summer including application for admission, residence life application, current physical, transcripts, meningitis forms, parent’s insurance information, medical history consent and contact forms.
- Maintains records, files and updates information relating to athlete files and activities within the office.
- Maintain superior level of customer service.
- Familiarity with web site design and maintenance preferable.
- Process athletic insurance claims.
- Collect and file injury report forms from Athletic Trainer.
- Communicate with Business Office personnel of medical institutions concerning insurance and claim information.
- Initiate and process proper paperwork to resolve billing and claim issues.
- Communicate effectively with student athlete and/or parents when primary insurance coverage is an issue.
- Ensure that office supplies are purchased and available.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High school diploma or GED equivalency.
- Experience in technology and data entry.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to work with students, faculty, administrators and staff professionally and competently.
- Ability to understand and efficiently utilize modern office procedures, methods, equipment and computer software and their applications.
- Ability to perform tasks that may require lifting at least 25 lbs.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret and effectively communicate college regulations and policies and to apply such regulations and policies to specific situations in accordance with established procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong customer relations skills.
- This position will require efficient, effective problem-solving skills.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Athletic Director
SALARY: $24,275.00 Annually
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: September 19, 2014