DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as secondary advisor to student government; advise students on procedures and policies of the College relating to student activities.
- Attend various student meetings, attend activities (days, nights, weekends, extended days), rehearsals, and interviews.
- Participate and represent the College at various meetings and conferences relating to the operation of the Student Life office.
- Plan, coordinate and promote student activities and special events; advise students on procedures concerning all planned student elections; supervise election process.
- Supervise the planning and preparation of various student activities, events.
- Maintain appropriate communication with students, faculty and staff concerning activities of clubs, organizations, and special events.
- Maintain Student Life Calendar.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies; order supplies when needed.
- Provide work direction and guidance to student workers.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Associates degree
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in student life
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Possess excellent supervisory, leadership, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to promote and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and work well under limited time constraints.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from other departments, external contractors and vendors, groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work effectively in a multiethnic and multicultural environment with students, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Director of Student Life
SALARY: $12.00 – $15.00 per hour depending on experience / 19 hours per week
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled