The part-time Registrar’s Assistant is responsible to the Assistant Registrar for Ellis County and is principally responsible for collecting, evaluating, maintaining, and distributing student academic records and information.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides Front Counter assistance for the Office of Admissions and Records.
- Greets students and provides them with general information about the college.
- Enters data into the computer system as necessary to maintain a current accurate student database.
- Issues identification cards and parking permits to Navarro College students and employees.
- Assists in the dissemination of information on courses offered and procedures students are required to follow in order to obtain grade transcripts.
- Issues official and unofficial transcripts based upon requests.
- Performs general typing/word processing, correspondence, reports, requisitions and other related materials as required.
- Assists in the scanning of documents into the imaging system.
- Answers incoming phone calls.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Director of Admissions/Registrar, Associate Registrar, or Assistant Registrar.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High School diploma or GED supplemented with two (2) years of general office experience.
- Will consider any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Proficient in word processing with good keyboarding skills and basic computer literacy.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret college regulations and policies and apply to specific situations in accordance with established procedures.
- Ability to work well with faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to make judgments and decisions based upon operating directives established by the Registrar.
- Ability to plan and organize work and to function as a team player.
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight time frames.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Registrar – Ellis County
SALARY: $10.00 per hour / 19 hours per week
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: open until filled