This position is a live-in position with the responsibility of overseeing residents and enforcing College policies. The Area Housing Coordinator has the responsibility of insuring that the Residence Life area is supportive of the education purpose of the institution through the enforcement of the Residence Life policies. The Area Housing Coordinator must be willing to learn the role of Residence Life in Higher Education and must be willing to interact collaboratively with students, faculty, staff, parents, and campus visitors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor the halls to insure that conduct is acceptable and in keeping with college policies, including the protection of college property.
- Keep a written record of disturbances, problems, and complaints from students.
- Fill out routine maintenance requests for repairs and submit requests into the Physical Plant office.
- Conduct bi-monthly health and safety checks of the assigned halls.
- Perform weekly and weekend duty as assigned by the Director of Residence Life.
- Attend Residence Life staff meetings.
- Secure buildings during breaks, such as Thanksgiving and Spring Break.
- Conduct mandatory Residence Hall meetings during the semester.
- Familiarize and be knowledgeable of the Residence Life and Student Handbook.
- Provide undisputed support to the Residence Life programs.
- Work the check-in and check-out process in the Residence Life Office.
- Supervise student staff members.
- Supervise daily and weekend rounds of Area Supervisors II and Resident Advisors.
- Work with residents and other housing staff to resolve conflicts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree.
- Two to three years related experience and/or training.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must be able to interact with all academic and support services of the college to promote the highest quality of life and education for resident students.
- Must demonstrate leadership abilities and organizational skills.
- Must be able to interact effectively with resident students.
- Must actively participate in resident programs.
- Must be able to interact with parents on a regular basis.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Must have an understanding of the traditional age college student.
- Must assess damages of residence halls at the end of each semester.
- Must be able to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a diverse and multicultural environment.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
- Required to reside in college housing.
REPORTS TO: Director of Residence Life
SALARY: $23,909.00 (This is a 10 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled