The Part-time Career and Technical Dual Credit Coordinator will report to the Director of Dual Credit and will be responsible for carrying out the proper functions and duties necessary to provide adequate administrative and student support services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Dual Credit staff and Career and Technical Deans as an additional liaison for Career and Technical Dual Credit with our school partners.
- Assist with the registration of students.
- Assist students and counselors with necessary registration and record information.
- Visit area high schools to meet with counselors, students, and parents about career and technical dual credit. Some evening and weekend presentations may be required.
- Verify accuracy of rosters with high school counselors and dual credit instructors.
- Assist in distributing dual credit informational materials.
- Work closely with the Director of Dual Credit, Deans, Counselors, School Relations Officers, Director of Carl Perkins Career Center, District Testing Coordinator, and the Registrar’s Office to ensure that consistent and correct procedures are followed with respect to dual credit.
- Perform general clerical duties including answering telephones, typing, filing, and scheduling.
- Maintain various files, records, and reports.
- Operate computers for data input, word processing, and spreadsheets for program descriptions.
- Represent Career and Technical Dual Credit at various meetings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Dual Credit.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Graduation from high school or equivalency.
- Will consider any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in an office setting.
- Previous school and/or college work experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship, communication organizational and promotional skills required.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and individuals couples with interaction with community leaders, city, county and school officials, administrators, faculty, staff and students.
- Ability to utilize computer technology to access information, maintains records, generate reports and effectively communicate.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to multi-task handling multiple responsibilities.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and the ability to function as a team player.
- Willingness to work in a busy environment with numerous interruptions.
- Willingness to work additional hours during the week and occasional weekends if called upon.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
- Position will be located on the Corsicana Campus.
REPORTS TO: Director of Dual Credit
SALARY: $12.00 – $15.00 per hour / 19 hours per week
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled