Under the general supervision of the Assistant Director of Dining Services, the Dish Room Leader is principally responsible for maintaining the cleaning and sanitation of the dish room.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizes the dish room.
- Keeps the floor and walls clean in the dish room.
- Cleans the dish belt on a weekly basis.
- Ensure the washing cycle temperature is 140 – 160 degrees and the sanitation temperature is 170 degrees.
- Fill the dish washing machine, checking the washing cycle temperature and sanitizing temperature on a daily basis.
- Sorts, scrapes, and pre-rinses all dishes.
- Racks dishes so that water will reach every surface of the dishes.
- Arranges dishes and glasses to air-dry, inspects and sets aside any unclean dishes found.
- Disassemble the dish washing machine and clean it after use.
- Keeps all silverware stored in such a way that each piece is lifted up by the handle.
- Picks up clean and used glasses by the base of the glass.
- Washes soiled towels and aprons.
- Helps with the pots and pans, dining room and other areas as needed.
- Puts away the clean dishes, glasses and silverware.
- Cleans up the dish room as necessary.
- Assists with working college banquets as needed.
- Cleans the wall located in front of the tray return.
- Takes inventory and reports items that are needed.
- Empties the garbage in the dish room area.
- Assists with general cleaning up of serving area as needed.
- Wears a clean uniform, hair restraints and non-skid safety shoes.
- Attends related meetings and in-service training as mandated.
- Adheres to health policies implemented to prevent disease transmission in food handling and elimination of diseased food handling.
- Trains student workers hired for the dish room.
- Ensures student workers are on task.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly cleaning checklist.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Dining Services.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to lift up to fifty pounds (50 lbs.) on a consistent basis.
- Ability to use and climb a stepladder.
- Must be willing to work as a team player.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly from observations, and from oral and written directions.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of Dining Services
SALARY: $9.89 per hour (This is a 9 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled