Under the general supervision of the Director of Dining Services, the Receiving Clerk is principally responsible for receiving shipments from vendors, checking in freight and signing off on the appropriate paperwork.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive shipments from vendors.
- Ensure the correct packages are received by verifying packages according to order and invoice quantity, notifying the driver and management of any discrepancies identified.
- Inspect outside of boxes and contents of suspect boxes to ensure they are not damaged. If damaged, bring to the attention of the truck driver and management.
- Assume responsibility for returning unsatisfactory shipments.
- Ensure invoices are signed and delivered to management.
- Label deliveries and allocate them to their designated places.
- Stock shipments appropriately.
- Ensure dented cans and other damaged products are set aside for manager’s review.
- Ensure stock is kept 6” off of the stock room floor.
- Assist in inventory control as needed by management.
- Assist with annual inventory.
- Ensure stock is rotated appropriately (first in/first out)
- Label products when needed.
- Stock products in an organized manner.
- Pull products for cooks as needed.
- Ensure receiving dock is clear of all debris, including waste around trash compactor, on a daily basis.
- Keep storeroom (dining and deli) floors clean by sweeping and mopping as needed.
- Clean and mop cooler floor as needed, at least two times per week or more if needed.
- Break down boxes and remove from building.
- Sweep floor from receiving foyer to deli office daily.
- Mop floor from receiving foyer to deli as needed but no less than three times per week.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly checklists.
- Help with caterings and moving equipment as needed.
- Fill in other positions as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Experience in a receiving clerk or similar position.
- Record keeping experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Understanding of health and safety in Food Services.
- Basic math and recording abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Must be able to lift in excess of 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Must be a team player.
- Must have dependable transportation.
- Must maintain neat and clean appearance.
- Must be able to work with little supervision.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Director of Dining Services
SALARY: $9.89 per hour (This is a 9 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled