The IT Support Specialist is responsible for assisting College faculty, staff and students with the use of information technology, via documentation, telephone, e-mail, and/or in person. Provides technical software, hardware and network problem resolution to all College computer users.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides technical support and solves the basic and more advanced routine user hardware and software problems or questions including desktop computer hardware and software and enterprise system software.
- Installs, updates and maintains end user and lab PCs, printers, and other endpoint devices.
- Provides professional, courteous, prompt and accurate support and solutions to users.
- Communicates, analyzes and troubleshoots user problems and provides proper solutions or remedies.
- Establishes priorities on Service Desk tickets based on established departmental guidelines and procedures. Properly documents problem ticket in online Service Desk System and follows up and communicates ticket information to users when appropriate.
- Assists other IT technical staff as requested.
- Identifies complex, multi-faceted problems and takes immediate action to address them.
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of related work experience.
- A + Certification (additional experience and education may be substituted for certification)
- Advanced experience in desktop hardware/software troubleshooting and repair.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance and must be insurable by the College insurance as off campus travel may be required.
- Associates degree.
- Microsoft certifications.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated experience in desktop hardware/software troubleshooting and repair.
- Ability to learn new technologies and understand similarities and key differences.
- Highly skilled at explaining technical subjects to non-technical as well as technical customers.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to be completed in the short-term.
- Detailed understanding of Windows operating systems.
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating procedures, as well as Service Desk and departmental guidelines and operating procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, with all levels of the college community, including the ability to exercise patience, tact and good judgment in dealing with end users.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Director of Network Infrastructure
SALARY: $34,976. (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled