Under the general supervision of the Executive Director of Facilities, the Maintenance Technician performs repairs or installations of varied types of mechanical and electrical systems in campus facilities including off-campus centers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs, repairs, and maintains pumps, motors, HVAC systems, refrigeration systems, appliances, electrical equipment, electronic equipment, cables, phone and data lines, and lighting systems.
- Operates and maintains specialized equipment such as refrigerant reclaim and recycling systems, vacuum pumps, leak detection equipment, computers, energy management controllers, and other electronic components.
- Obtains, stores, safeguards and properly uses equipment, materials, supplies, and tools.
- Keeps record of work performed, materials used, and time spent on projects.
- Serves in lead worker capacity as designated by supervisor.
- Makes daily inspections of varied types of mechanical systems to determine need of required maintenance or repairs.
- Performs other related duties assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
- Experience with computer software relating to HVAC operation and building automation.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in HVAC repair and maintenance.
- Valid Texas driver’s license.
- Must possess EPA Refrigerant Handling Certification (EPA 608).
- Will consider any combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and ability.
- Vocational or trade school training.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Thorough knowledge of the problems encountered in the repair and maintenance of mechanical equipment in varied types of buildings and structures.
- Knowledge of all types of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems.
- Knowledge and experience working with electrical distribution systems
- Knowledge of EPA regulations regarding the use, transportation, and reclamation of refrigerants.
- Proficient in the use and operation of computer systems used in the maintenance and operation of the physical plant.
- Ability to read and interpret plans, specifications, and equipment operations manuals.
- Ability to learn quickly from observations, and from oral and written directions.
- Ability to lift up to seventy (70) pounds.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Facilities
SALARY: Commensurate with education & experience up to $55,000.00 (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled