The Customer Care Specialist reports to the Budget Officer/Risk Management Coordinator and is responsible for providing excellent customer service in operating the college’s main switchboard and for providing clerical support as needed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer multi-line switchboard system and direct calls throughout the college district.
- Greets visitors and callers and directs them to the proper departments.
- Perform a variety of moderate to complex clerical duties, including typing correspondence, creating purchase requisitions; reviewing documents for accuracy, filing and other routine office-related work.
- Assists with travel forms, reservations, and reimbursement forms.
- Assists business services staff with clerical duties.
- Check mailboxes for incoming mail and distribute outgoing mail as directed.
- Assist in the maintenance of files.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and exhibit professional computer literacy skills.
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor and work effectively with students, parents, faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Ability to communicate orally and in written form.
- Ability to understand procedures for emergency alerts and how to respond to an emergency.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication, and organization skills required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize tasks when handling multiple tasks.
- Must be able to work in a team setting, be dependable, and maintain confidentiality.
- Must have the ability to work cooperatively with others across multiple functions and departments.
- Must present a neat and professional appearance appropriate to the position.
- Must be able to assist in keeping the office area neat and organized.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Budget Officer / Risk Management Coordinator
SALARY: $21,518. (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled