The Testing Aide reports to the Testing Assistant on the Waxahachie campus and is responsible for assisting with the daily operations of the Testing Center.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Explains Testing Center procedures and monitors testing sessions while adhering to standardized policies and regulations to ensure integrity of test processes and confidentiality of test results.
- Serves as proctor for a variety of testing activities including national, state, and local exams such as the TSI Assessment, GED, TEAS, VCT, and online course tests.
- Reports all unusual events, attempts at academic dishonesty, irregularities and compromises taking place during the test to the appropriate personnel.
- Provides assistance with special projects, processes score results, compiles data, and prepares reports as required.
- Performs clerical and administrative support duties, including file maintenance, collection of receipts, word processing and scheduling of appointments.
- Attend all training required by supervisor or college/district, state, or federal policy.
- Available to travel off-campus to administer testing at local area high schools.
- Available some evenings and weekends as required, especially during peak times such as Beau Camp, registration, midterms, and finals.
- Other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High School diploma or equivalent, supplemented by computer and clerical experience.
- Associate’s Degree.
- Experience in an educational institution environment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Be service-oriented with the ability to pay attention to details in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor at all times when interacting with personnel and the general public.
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must have a strong commitment to customer service.
- Must be dependable and able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and test security.
- Must be a self-starter and able to demonstrate an ability to work effectively with staff, faculty, and other administrators.
- Must present a neat and professional appearance appropriate to the position.
- Must be able to work with students, college personnel, and the general public in a professional and gracious manner.
- Must be able to juggle multiple priorities and be able to accomplish work with numerous interruptions.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position. This position will work 19 hours per week, 12pm – 4pm – Monday – Wednesday, and 12pm – 7pm on Thursday.
- May not be enrolled as a student at Navarro College nor in an undergraduate degree program while employed in the Testing Center.
REPORTS TO: Testing Assistant – Waxahachie Campus
SALARY: $10.00 per hour / 19 hours per week
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled