The Web Portal Designer/Developer will assist the Director of Marketing & Public Information in developing an ongoing site structure, integration, content management, and direction of the campus portal system.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Update the College campus portal which serves as the central hub for online services and information to current (active) students and staff.
- Provide guidance to end users on application use, portal policies and governance, operating parameters, including assistance in updating and maintaining systems data.
- Maintain status for all portal projects, assists to resolve all issues for new and existing channels, and automates all processes. Analyze, support and manage the portal with data and systems conversion, production, test environments, ongoing development, upgrades, and enhancements.
- Working with district IT department, identify methods and techniques of troubleshooting website, portal, applications and network problems.
- Monitor and analyze performance for MyNC portal.
- Works with various college teams (Marketing, committees, and site maintainers) to develop new services, informational resources, events, and promotions within the campus portal.
- Evaluate user trends and recommend modifications to provide continuous improvement of the District’s portal site.
- Train and assist users to use campus portal content management tools, blog resources, listservs, other web products/tools used by the department, etc..
- Present a consistent visual image on the portal by abiding by District branding standards and promotes uniform fonts, formatting, icons, images, layout techniques and modularization.
- Create and assure the functionality of portal links, online forms, surveys, and scripts running behind the web site and converts files between various formats.
- Determine appropriate compression techniques, resolutions, sizes, color maps and depths to assure images are delivered to the viewer in high speed and quality.
- Responsible for applications development and administration, in collaboration with staff, to ensure that web site architecture, functionality and design are consistent with all information technology strategies.
- Follow and assist in enforcing District policy related to information access.
- Perform other duties as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- One (1) to two (2) years of recent experience with Microsoft SharePoint web development.
- Any combination of education and/or experience, which demonstrates that the individual is likely to possess the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university preferably with a major in computer information systems, management information systems, computer science, computer engineering or a closely related field.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Working knowledge in a portal environment (Preferably SharePoint and Ellucian portal)
- Must have excellent computer skills including a thorough knowledge of either Macintosh or PCs and related software including expert knowledge of the following software applications or CMSs: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office suite, WordPress and SharePoint based Ellucian portal.
- Understanding of operating systems, computer systems, applications, hardware, software, and peripheral equipment as well as programming theory and operating systems capabilities and constraints used in web development, data system analysis and design, planning, testing and implementation.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve web portal, site, application, and related problems as well as analyze, identify and resolve user problems related to web portal and website performance and operation.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills to analyze issues, develop sound problem-solving models, and propose logical solutions to problems.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills to work productively within and across departments with minimal supervision. Must have the ability to communicate effectively and have proven experience in customer service principles in order to appropriately interact with students, staff, faculty, and the public. The ability to employ organizational and planning skills while having multiple projects in process simultaneously to meet established timelines and department schedules.
- Participate in technical discussions with technical and non-technical groups.
- Exercise tact, diplomacy and confidentiality in dealing with sensitive and complex issues and situations. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and records.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
- 19 hours per week with flexible schedule.
- Work location may be based at Navarro College campus location of choice (Corsicana, Waxahachie, Midlothian, Mexia).
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced office environment.
- Must have the ability to use a computer for extended periods of time to create work output.
- Must enjoy a challenge, be forward thinking and have the ability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing & Public Relations
SALARY: $16. – $20. per hour / Commensurate with Education and Experience
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled