The part time-One Stop Service Desk Clerk reports to One Stop Service Desk Coordinator and is responsible for providing excellent customer service in answering telephones and the front counter at the One Stop Service Desk.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide telephone assistance to students with questions related to Financial Aid,
- Admissions & Registrar and Recruiting during call center season.
- Make and log calls on behalf of the college to students with requested information.
- Make name changes/corrections that are provided from the registrar’s office.
- Provide customer service at front counter.
- Provide professional, courteous, prompt and accurate support and solutions to users.
- Solve basic and routine user hardware and software problems and answer questions regarding system access (login), desktop computer hardware and software and enterprise system software.
- Communicate, analyze and troubleshoot routine user problems and provide proper solutions and remedies.
- Establish priorities for One Stop Service Desk tickets based on helpdesk and departmental guidelines and procedures. Properly documents problem tickets into One Stop Service Desk System and follows up and communicates ticket information to users when appropriate.
- Escalate and/or transfer tickets to the appropriate party for resolution when resolution is beyond the scope of the One Stop Service Desk.
- Refer students, faculty, staff and visitors to appropriate resources for assistance, such as Registrar, Financial Aid, Student Services, Housing, Campus Police, etc.
- Perform a variety of moderate to complex clerical duties, including searching Colleague for student information while providing exceptional customer service and accurate information to callers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in application software troubleshooting and repair.
- One year of work related experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication, and organization skills.
- Ability to diagnose end-user issues for resolution or escalation.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Skilled at explaining technical subjects to technical and non-technical customers.
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor and work effectively with students, parents, faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize when handling multiple tasks.
- Must be able to work in a team setting, be dependable, and maintain confidentiality.
- Must present a neat and professional appearance appropriate for the position.
- Must be able to assist in keeping the office area neat and organized.
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating procedures, as well as One Stop Service Desk and departmental guidelines and operating procedures.
- Ability to learn and remain current on college facilities, departments and activities in order to provide accurate services.
- Good working knowledge of the policies and procedures employed throughout the college.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
- Must pass a background check due to the sensitivity of system access granted to perform duties.
REPORTS TO: One Stop Service Desk Coordinator
SALARY: $10. per hour / 19 hours per week
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled