The purpose of this position is to assist the Director of Institutional Research in conducting research with appropriate analysis and reporting. Assists in designing, planning, and conducting institutional research for Navarro College for the purpose of decision support. This is accomplished by performing research methodology and statistical analysis; conducting surveying; oversees survey design and implementation, including surveys to assess both College-wide and departmental goals and objectives; student satisfaction and engagement surveys (both in-house and national survey); assessment of student success measures; and providing institutional effectiveness support.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Find and report answers to ad hoc requests on enrollment, personnel, and other institutional variables.
- Assist with coordination, implementation and ongoing monitoring of QEP activities and assessment.
- Support the collection and analysis of relevant QEP survey data.
- Support collection and assessment of Strategic Planning Initiatives and Key Performance Indicators.
- Analyze data on enrollment and other variables.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
- Minimum of two (2) years of directly related qualitative and quantitative research employment experience including use of statistical analysis software (Microsoft Excel/Access does not meet this requirement).
- Intermediate Proficiency with Ellucian Colleague.
- Intermediate Proficiency with SPSS syntax.
- Intermediate Proficiency with business intelligence and reporting tool such as CROA.
- Experience in project management and report writing.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Working knowledge of qualitative and quantitative data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Ability to produce data and reports in a clear and understandable manner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel or other statistical software.
- Working knowledge of ERP such as Ellucian Colleague, Banner, or other student information systems.
- Working knowledge of SPSS, SAS, STATA or other comparable statistical analysis programs.
- Ability to work with data from multiple sources.
- Experience analyzing data.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to meet strict deadlines.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently and to work collaboratively with team members.
- Must maintain quality customer service skills.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Director of Institutional Research
SALARY: Commensurate with Education and Experience (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled