The Bookstore Coordinator – Midlothian Campus is responsible for the daily operation of the Bookstore on the Midlothian Campus under the supervision of the Assistant College Stores Director – Ellis County Campuses on the Waxahachie Campus.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates daily operation of the store.
- Responsible for stocking store with books, supplies, and deli products.
- Operates and balances sales through cash register and makes daily bank deposits.
- Responsible for balancing and maintaining petty cash.
- Supervises part-time student worker.
- Forwards to the Corsicana Bookstore all pertinent paperwork such as invoices, departmental charges, etc.
- Assists faculty and staff with textbook adoptions and departmental purchases.
- Orders, receives and stocks all merchandise to be sold.
- Maintains a neat and attractive store at all times.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Assistant College Stores Director – Waxahachie Campus.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of computers
- Some college hours
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must be able to operate the cash register and to maintain and balance petty cash account.
- Must be organized and must be able to accomplish multiple tasks with little supervision.
- Must be dependable and maintain strong customer service abilities.
- Must be able to interact successfully with students, staff and administration.
- Must be able to make judgments and decisions based upon operating directives established for the College Stores.
- Must have good public relations skills, especially the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the college constituency, the college faculty, staff, and the college community in general.
- Must be able to plan and organize work and function as a team player.
- Must be able to lift boxes of books weighing up to but not limited to fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to lift cases of soft drinks.
- Must be able to lift, stoop, bend, and reach above head.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Assistant College Stores Director – Ellis County Campuses
SALARY: $22,376. (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled