The Dining Hall Cashier reports to the Director of Dining Services and is responsible for providing excellent customer service while operating the Dining Hall cash register allowing students, staff, and faculty access to the dining facility.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Retrieve change funds for cash drawer from safe.
- Keep desk and adjacent area clean – daily.
- Count and verify monies before beginning work and record on cashier reconciliation worksheet.
- Set up “to-go” trays.
- Greet all customers.
- Observe scanning of students’ ID cards.
- Receive monies for purchased meals and to-go trays.
- Record receipts for department(s) that charge meals.
- Count and verify monies in cash drawer after shift and record on cashier reconciliation worksheet.
- Clean microwave and toaster at end of shift.
- Clean condiment area and restock bowls as needed.
- Clean tables and stock napkins, salt, and pepper if needed at end of shift.
- Empty garbage cans and wipe tops of garbage cubbies as needed.
- Help in kitchen as needed.
- Clean up spills on dining room floor as needed.
- Keep drink station clean and sanitary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High school diploma or GED equivalency.
- Record-keeping experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Ability to lift up to fifty pounds (50 lbs).
- Ability to use and climb a stepladder.
- Some basic knowledge of cleaning and sanitizing.
- Must be willing to work as a team player.
- Must be aware of Navarro College Cash Handling Policy.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
- Must be able to pass a Background check.
REPORTS TO: Director of Dining Services
SALARY: $8.72 per hour (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled