Under the supervision of the Office Manager, the Account Clerk II-Cashier is responsible for receipting in all funds received by the college with primary emphasis on student accounts receivable. The Account Clerk II-Cashier also assists with Residence Life clearance for check-in, placing and collecting of dorm fines. The Account Clerk II-Cashier also assists the Office Manager with student worker payroll checks to ensure that any outstanding balances are paid in full.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enters all payments received via Colleague.
- Reconciles cash till daily.
- Provides counter service to all customers.
- Processes and balances credit card payments.
- Processes refund calculations for tuition/fees and assists with dormitory deposits.
- Verifies student account billings are correct.
- Responds to questions concerning student accounts receivable.
- Verifies outstanding Accounts Receivable balances for student workers.
- Distributes financial aid checks and work study payroll checks to students.
- Distributes Accounts Payable disbursements to employees.
- Assists with Housing check-in process.
- Collects and posts dorm fines.
- Accepts payments for parking violations.
- Assists with Beau Card issues and questions.
- Issues Petty Cash disbursements, and reconciles Petty Cash.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years related work experience.
- Experience as a Cashier.
- Previous experience in a college environment.
- Experience with Colleague.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent customer service skills, including heavy call volumes.
- Excellent computer skills, including documents and spreadsheets.
- Ability to handle large sums of money accurately.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding and knowledge of college policies and procedures, and the ability to apply that information to a variety of situations.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with all facets of the college community.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to plan and organize work and to function as a team player.
- Present a professional appearance in the work place.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with contact both in person and via phone and e-mail, with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Office Manager
SALARY: $10.00 per hour / 19 hours per week.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled