This is a grant funded position and continuation is dependent upon availability of funds.
The Data Entry Clerk reports to the Director of Adult Education and is responsible for maintaining an orderly data entry and filing system to assure prompt retrieval of student documents and information for reporting purposes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow all policies and procedures for keeping records confidential.
- Become proficient in Texas Educating Adults Management System (TEAMS).
- Meet all certification and training requirements of the Texas Workforce Commission.
- Keep all adult education files in appropriate, locked file cabinets.
- Input student data in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Flag questionable data for administration.
- File original data in appropriate folders.
- Keep site folders neat and organized.
- Print requested reports for administrators.
- Maintain inventory of curriculum and laptops and check out curriculum and inventory to instructors.
- Stock registration boxes for each county prior to each registration.
- Assist with office duties as necessary, such as filing and copying.
- Provide excellent customer service in a pleasant, helpful, and effective manner to all.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience with data entry and data interpretation.
- Highly proficient with using computer: e-mail, internet, Microsoft Office programs.
- Associates degree.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must be dependable and able to work with little supervision.
- Must have excellent customer service skills along with a pleasant personality.
- Must present a neat and professional appearance appropriate to the position.
- Must have the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and multi-talk with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to greet and assist visitors to the Adult Education Office in a professional and gracious manner.
- Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor when interacting with personnel and the general public at all times.
- Must have a strong commitment to accuracy of work.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Must be able to assist in keeping the office area neat and organized.
- Must be able to work in a team setting and highly confidential environment.
- Must be a self-starter and able to demonstrate an ability to work effectively and efficiently.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
- Must be able to sit and work at a computer for long periods of time.
REPORTS TO: Director of Adult Education
SALARY: $23,421. (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled