The Part-time Disability Services Assistant will work directly with the Disability Services Coordinator. The Disability Services Assistant must provide courteous, accurate and professional assistance to students, faculty, staff, and the community. The Disability Services Assistant will be responsible for assisting with administrative duties, as well as, helping to implement and coordinate program services for the purpose of promoting student success at Navarro College.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide courteous, accurate and professional assistance to students, faculty, staff, and the community.
- Assist with clerical duties such as answering the phone, filing, typing, copying, shredding, checking the mail, etc.
- Provide exemplary customer service to everyone inquiring about Student Services.
- Assist with the preparation of disability related materials and services for students.
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Provide follow-up calls and emails to students and faculty regarding disability services as needed.
- Maintain files accurately, in paper and in software programs: Accommodate and Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- Ability to utilize computer technology to access information, to maintain records, to generate reports and to communicate effectively.
- Assist students with scheduling and the use of Colleague to input student schedules.
- Support projects, presentations, research, and events of the office and the college.
- Assist team members with creating fliers, brochures, and newsletters, as well as filing, updating departmental forms and creating other forms for publicity.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally, in writing, and in electronic format.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- A minimum of one year experience working in an office environment.
- Stationed at a computer terminal for occasional extended periods of time
- Works directly with a diverse population of students.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: District Coordinator of Disability Services
SALARY: $10.50 per hour / 19 hours per week
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled