The Human Resources Benefits Coordinator performs a variety of moderate to complex administrative and clerical duties in the efficient operation of the Human Resources office as well as coordinates all aspects of employee benefits. The Human Resources Benefits Coordinator provides optimal customer service to all and is responsible to the Vice President of Human Resources.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs a variety of difficult clerical duties at a high level of responsibility in the efficient operation of the business services unit of the College involving contact with faculty, staff, students and the general public while frequently exercising independent judgment and providing quality customer service.
- Demonstrates the technical skills necessary to use a computer and various software programs to perform tasks including but not limited to reports, contracts, minutes, proposals and spreadsheets.
- Reviews and processes all insurance enrollment forms and enters the information into the Employees Retirement System (ERS) of Texas database to assure the correct coverage is effective.
- Works with employees to resolve questions and concerns about insurance coverage and/or claims.
- Works with ERS auditors to resolve any coverage issues and questions.
- Prepares and disseminates information concerning insurance benefits and rates.
- Coordinates insurance enrollment for all full-time employees.
- Works with Payroll Specialist to balance all benefit contributions and deductions on a monthly basis.
- Reviews and analyzes daily ERS reports to assure state appropriation is being allocated properly.
- Processes all workers compensation claims including the initial reports as well as any additional follow up reports.
- Conducts new employee Benefits Orientation and coordinates other aspects of new hire orientation.
- Updates and maintains benefits packets.
- Assists new employees in completion of new hire paperwork.
- Completes the e-verification and Texas new hire report process on each new employee.
- Enter all new employees into the Colleague system and scan into Image NOW.
- Assures all new employees have official transcripts on file for SACS accreditation.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Human Resources.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Graduation from high school or equivalency.
- Associate degree supplemented with two (2) years office or administrative experience.
- Prior experience working in an educational setting or with employee benefits.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Proficient in office software programs, excellent keyboarding and computer literacy skills.
- Willingness and ability to provide optimal customer service at all times.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret college regulations and policies and apply to specific situations in accordance with established procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with students and employees.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in written form.
- Ability to plan and organize work and to function as a team player.
- Ability to maintain a professional and courteous atmosphere with college staff and the general public.
- Willingness to work in a busy environment with numerous interruptions.
- Willingness to work occasional weekend if called upon.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Human Resources
SALARY: $23,421.00 annually (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled