The Executive Administrative Assistant is responsible to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement and Operations and the Executive Director of the Navarro College Foundation. This position is responsible for performing and coordinating administrative and support services and for carrying out the functions and responsibilities of both offices. Under minimal supervision this position is responsible for the accounting functions for the Navarro College Foundation and reports directly to the Executive Director of the Foundation regarding these duties.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizes the activities of the Institutional Advancement and Operations/Executive Director of the Foundation Office to develop and maintain an effective, efficient and well organized work environment.
- Use Microsoft Office applications, including spreadsheet and database software to manage office correspondence, reports, contracts, minutes, schedules, brochures, newsletters, flyers, and financial reports.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of budgets for the Foundation and the Institutional Advancement and Operations Department.
- Maintains accounting records for the Navarro College Foundation, Inc., including pledges, donations, gift-in-kind, and funds expended using QuickBooks Online. Make daily bank deposits and maintain accurate records of all transactions.
- Monitors the Foundation’s budget and financial plans; coordinate and manage grant budgets and collaborate with purchasing for reimbursement of purchases within guidelines of grant budget.
- Plans and schedules Foundation Executive Board and Foundation Board of Directors meetings. Maintain communication with Board Members and keep members updated on Foundation business as directed by the Executive Director of the Foundation.
- Prepares information for monthly Executive Foundation Board and bi-monthly Full Board of Directors meetings.
- Take accurate notes and prepare error free minutes of Foundation Executive Board and Full Board Meetings and other meetings as required.
- Processes departmental expenditures and monitors expense accounts to ensure expenses do not exceeded budget for the Navarro College Foundation and Department Operations accounts.
- Plans and schedules meetings as required or directed by the Executive Director.
- Maintains adequate office supplies, and materials to ensure efficient office function.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of Navarro College and Foundation policies and procedures relating to the Foundation and the Institutional Advancement and Operations Department.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail.
- Submits travel requests and makes travel and lodging reservations as requested. Completes travel reimbursement forms.
- Makes daily bank deposits and maintains accurate records.
- Participates in planning and marketing for Foundation and College activities and special events.
- Proofreads and edits all work, checking for accuracy, punctuation, wording and style.
- Communicates with the college community and general public in a courteous and effective manner.
- Assists with planning, organizing and preparing for all fundraising events on each campus. Utilize Greater Giving software to set up online registration, track revenue, and billing.
- Maintains accounting functions for fundraisers and alumni association.
- Supervises and train fundraising volunteers in Greater Giving for annual fundraising events.
- Maintains Academic Works Scholarship Management System including analyzing data to make scholarship awards within the system, updating the system with new awards and extracting data for reporting purposes. Coordinate activities with Student recruiting.
- Organizes and maintains electronic files in Academic Works Software Management System for selection of scholarship recipients and awarding of contracts
- Reconciles semester scholarship billing.
- Prepares scholarship fund and award reports to donors, Executive Director and Foundation Board of Directors as required.
- Coordinates scholarship review sub-committees with Navarro College staff, faculty, Foundation Board of Directors, and community members.
- Reviews student academic performance and other scholarship criteria as basis for awarding scholarships.
- Collaborates with Financial Aid on awarding scholarships.
- Assists students with application and award process.
- Completes journal entries and requisitions for payment to Navarro College for student charges to Foundation scholarship accounts. Assist students as needed.
- Prepares reports related to scholarship awards for the Foundation Board and Executive Director.
- Serves as liaison for Navarro College Foundation with the community, students, donors, other institution, and high schools.
- Collaborates with external CPA in the preparation of annual tax return and 1099s. Provide information and respond to CPA request to complete the annual external audit.
- Monitors, record, and process Navarro College Foundation website donations
- Reconciles monthly credit card processing fees.
- Analyzes monthly financials and make appropriate bank transfers for month end closing of Foundation books and make corresponding journal entries.
- Maintains Foundation checking account and investment account.
- Maintains adequate internal control environment for foundation transactions.
- Reconciles quarterly investment statements and make corresponding journal entries.
- Process invoices in a timely manner.
- Recommends and implements procedures for receiving and tracking donated funds to insure safe money handling and insure all records of funds are properly allocated.
- Recommends and implements best practices in gift processing and biographical records management.
- Assists Vice President of Institutional Advancement and Operations, in refining processes that support fundraising activities including database management; prospect research, donor acknowledgement, and management of fund agreements.
- Monitors donor information and provide statistical analysis to the Executive Director and the Foundation Board of Directors.
- Maintains accurate donor records database.
- Maintains alumni database and update as required by inputting new records. Create reports and statically analysis.
- Insures swift and accurate donor recognition and stewardship. Prepare reports related to fundraising activities for the Foundation Board.
- Serves as contact person to schedule annual high school graduations utilizing Navarro College Facilities. Prepare rental contracts and invoices for local high school graduation located in the SEC
- Process and monitor requisitions payable to college vendors.
- Supervises Student Worker.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Associates Degree or equivalent from a college or technical school with course work in secretarial science or business administration.
- Two (2) years of related experience.
- Will consider any equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, and basic computer literacy.
- Ability to speak and write effectively and to analyze, edit, proof, review and interpret complex material.
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers, other departments and organizations.
- Good knowledge of budget and administrative practices and procedures. Preference may be given to applicants with experience using QuickBooks Pro.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles preferred.
- Database management preferred.
- Proficient with QuickBooks Online preferred.
- Strong knowledge of modern office management principles, procedures and techniques and their adaptation.
- Ability to acquire broad knowledge of college and department organizations and programs.
- Ability to take and accurately transcribe meeting notes.
- Thorough knowledge of office terminology, equipment and procedures.
- Good keyboarding skills required and ability to perform difficult and tedious data entry duties.
- Superior communication skills and ability to make donors to the Navarro College Foundation and visitors to the Cook Education Center feel welcome and appreciated.
- Must have dependable, personal transportation for trips to bank and accountant.
- High visibility and interactions with all administrative departments, faculty, students and general public.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Institutional Advancement & Operations and Executive Director of Navarro College Foundation
SALARY: $31,964.00 (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled