The Assistant Football Coach / Instructor works under the general supervision of the Head Football Coach. The principal duties will be to serve as an assistant football coach and to teach classes as assigned.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In assisting as an assistant football coach, performs all duties assigned by the Head Football Coach.
- Assists the Head Football Coach in the recruitment of prospective students.
- Ensures that the recruitment of prospective athletes is carried out efficiently, in accordance with college, conference, and national regulations.
- Complies with college expectations regarding decorum and serves as a role model for the student athlete.
- Opportunities to teach over load courses for additional income.
- Participates in college and community activities and encourages participation by other assistant coaches.
- Participates in (based upon qualifications) the instructional program of the college. Instructional responsibilities will be defined by the chairperson of Kinesiology as well as by the Dean of Sciences and Kinesiology, both of whom work in concert with the Executive Dean of Academic Studies.
- Responsible for teaching 8 hour course load per semester.
- Assists the athletic program in ensuring that student athletes are attending classes and working to succeed in college courses.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Head Football Coach.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology
- Must be familiar with NJCAA, SWJCFC, and Navarro College scholarship guidelines
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to deal with students that come from diverse backgrounds.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal relationship, communication, organizational, and recruiting skills.
- Must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the college internal organizational structure and the rules and regulations that pertain to students.
- Ability to function independently and as a part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight time frames.
- Skilled in motivating, coaching, influencing, and negotiating with others.
- Good public speaking skills.
- Ability to manage conflict and develop consensus.
- Ability to maintain order and discipline.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Ability to communicate with students in a positive, courteous and helpful way.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
- Must be eligible to operate NC vehicles for recruiting purposes.
- Must be insurable by the College auto insurance policy.
REPORTS TO: Head Football Coach
SALARY: $25,000.00 (This is a 10 month position to be paid over 10 months annually)
- 3 positions available
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled