This is a grant funded position and continuation is dependent upon availability of funds.
Reporting to the Director of Career Center, the Career and Technical Advisor will be responsible for providing Carl Perkins services to current and alumni Career and Technical students, as well as promote, recruit and market career and technical education programs and Carl Perkins Services to prospective students. Carl Perkins services include Career and Technical advising, Career Assessments, Student Career Preparation, Textbook Loans, Childcare Assistance, Transportation Assistance, Assist with Career and Technical Dual Credit Documentation, Link College to Career Opportunities, and give presentations of services to Navarro college students, area high schools and community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide advising for career and technical students with regard to educational and career issues, and make referrals for personal and social issues, unless otherwise qualified.
- Provide resume writing services for CTE students.
- Coordinate mock interviews for CTE students.
- Provide student development workshops for CTE students.
- Promote Carl Perkins Career Center services including Educational and Career Assessments, College Central Network (On-line Job Board), Textbook Loans and Childcare and Transportation Assistances.
- Assist with special campus programs, including registration, college fairs, Education Summit, Career Expo and job fairs.
- Network with internal and external constituents to maintain and/or improve the facilitation of information pertaining to career options, programs, the online job board, etc.
- Build relationships with business/industry partners to create pathways to employment.
- Manage the CTE student resume database.
- Utilize social media to market, recruit, and promote Carl Perkins Services.
- Assist the Career and Technical division and its efforts to promote, recruit and market its respective programs.
- Provide documentation support to the Navarro College Dual Credit Staff for Career & Technical dual credit process district wide as needed.
- Provide presentations of Career Center Services and Career and Technical Education Programs to potential and current students, parents, community, businesses and service area high schools.
- Perform other duties assigned that relates to the Carl Perkins initiative.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Associate degree.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One or more years of related experience, such as in a high school setting or college setting.
- Supervisory experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent interpersonal relationship, communication, organizational and promotional skills are a necessity.
- Should have an understanding of and be committed to the community college philosophy.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and individuals; interact with community leaders, city, county and school officials, administrators, faculty, staff and students.
- Ability to utilize computer technology to access information, maintains records, generate reports and communicate.
- Possess a working knowledge and understanding of non-transfer and transfer degree programs, specific to Career & Technical programs offered and provided at Navarro College.
- Ability to travel to off-campus centers.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to plan and organize work and to function as a team player.
- Effectively able to work and to function as a team player.
- Effectively able to work in a busy environment with numerous interruptions.
- Flexibility and ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Director of Carl Perkins Career Center
SALARY: $30,450.00 (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled