This is a grant funded position and continuation is dependent upon availability of funds.
Reporting to the Director of Career Center, the Career and Technical Associate will be responsible for providing career development advising to career and technical students, overseeing the career and technical special population scholarship programs (Textbook Loans, Child Care Assistance and Transportation Assistance) and assisting the Director with daily activities that support the Perkins grant activities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain an up-to-date list of textbook requirements for CTE courses.
- Responsible for overseeing textbook, childcare, and transportations services for the department.
- Responsible for purchasing textbooks and maintaining inventory for over 1200 textbooks including selling outdated textbooks to book buyers and depositing funds into the textbook account for new purchases.
- Collaborate with Navarro College Inventory Control to identify and tag equipment purchased with Carl Perkins grant funds.
- Collaborate with staff members in preparation and execution of college events promoting CTE opportunities such as Career Expo.
- Collaborate with Career Center Director to plan and execute the annual Carl Perkins Career Center Advisory meeting.
- Provide support for CTE program advisory committee meetings.
- Provide student advising and respond to education inquiries over phone and in person.
- Recruit, assign and supervise duties for college student volunteers for the Career Expo.
- Provide support for students with the online job board, mock interviews and resume writing.
- Design and update marketing materials as needed targeting Career & Technical students who meet the Carl D. Perkins criteria.
- Update the Navarro College Career Center website and MYNC portal, with appropriate links to online applications for textbook and childcare assistance; point of contact; and deadlines.
- Conduct presentations regarding various Career Center services as needed for student workshops and new student orientation.
- Maintains and updates the student tracking worksheet, to document all students served.
- Collaborate with Director to ensure timesheets, personnel activity reports, purchase orders, change orders, budget transfers and electronic filing for Carl D. Perkins are up to date.
- Assist Director to maintain the budget and collect grant deliverable data for reporting.
- Supervises Career Center in Director’s absence.
- All other duties as assigned that relates to the Carl Perkins initiative.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Associates degree or a minimum of five (5) years of increased responsibility in an office setting in Education or Industry.
- Good organizational, communication, interpersonal and computer skills.
- Valid Texas driver’s license.
- One or more years of related experience, such as in a high school setting or college setting.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Intermediate knowledge of personal computer software/hardware and ability to utilize computer technology to access data, generate reports and create/maintain spread sheets.
- Travel within the college service area and reliable transportation is required.
- Knowledge of career and technical education and the benefits of its training.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with flexible schedule.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to exercise discretion and independent judgment and have an outgoing personality that will attract prospective students to Navarro College.
- Knowledge of the community and ability to work with professional, civic, and community organizations.
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight time frames.
- Must be creative, an innovative thinker, demonstrate common sense, and have the ability to respond in a professional manner to emergencies, problems, and personal issues that require quick thinking.
- Ability to prioritize, plan ahead, and anticipate potential problem situations.
- Willingness to work in a cooperative way with others across multiple functions and departments.
- Willingness to work occasionally in the evenings and weekends, if needed.
- Ability to function independently and as a part of a team.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
- Travel to service area.
REPORTS TO: Director of Carl Perkins Career Center
SALARY: Commensurate with Education and Experience – $25,000 – $28,000. (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled