This is a grant funded position and continuation is dependent upon availability of funds.
The Administrative Assistant performs a variety of clerical and office management duties with a high level of responsibility in the TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) department. This will involve contact with students, other Navarro College Departments, and the general public while frequently exercising independent judgment. In addition, the Administrative Assistant will collaborate with other TRiO staff for office operations, project budgeting, data collection, and program evaluation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the records for the TRiO SSS department which includes information pertaining to budget, personnel, students, and program activities.
- Complete and submit TRiO staff travel requests and complete reimbursement forms.
- Prepare personnel status forms for all part-time and student staff.
- Coordinate timesheet and time and effort form submittal for all TRiO part-time and student staff.
- Ensure that all TRiO staff new hire paperwork is completed with the Human Resources Department.
- Maintain a copy of basic personnel files on all TRiO SSS staff.
- Collaborate with other TRiO staff to prepare event advertisement, sign-in, and evaluation forms are prepared.
- Maintain calendars and schedules for all TRiO Staff.
- Prepare and distribute routine correspondence, flyers, brochures, bulletins, and other publications.
- Assist the Director and Data and Reporting Coordinator in compiling data for the Annual Performance Report and all program evaluation processes.
- Prepare requisitions for office supplies, equipment, forms, and instructional materials.
- Maintain inventory of all TRiO supplies and equipment.
- Communicate with staff, students and public, both in person and on the telephone, in a professional, courteous and helpful manner.
- Coordinate and prepare materials for all TRiO workshops.
- Responsible for taking and transcribing minutes for TRiO SSS meetings.
- Perform clerical, secretarial and administrative tasks for the Director and Project staff.
- Type forms for related functions within the unit, including budget implementation and control, and assurance that expenditures are in accordance with allocation of funds.
- Demonstrate the technical skills necessary to use Microsoft Office Suite to perform clerical tasks including reports, contracts, minutes, schedules, proposals, budgets, and statistical reports which may require complex tabulation and statistical tables.
- Performs other office duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of office or administrative experience.
- Associate’s degree.
- Previous experience working with TRiO.
- Preference given to candidates who have a similar background to participants served by TRiO programs.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must be proficient in word processing and computer literacy skills.
- Good keyboarding skills required and ability to perform difficult data entry duties.
- Ability to speak and write effectively and analyze, edit, review, and interpret complex materials.
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with other departments and organizations.
- Thorough knowledge of modern office management principles, procedures, techniques, and their adaptation.
- Ability to acquire wide knowledge of department and college organization and programs.
- Thorough knowledge of office technology, equipment, and procedures.
- Ability to plan and supervise the work of others.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
- May need to work occasional weekends and evenings.
REPORTS TO: Director of TRiO Student Support Services
SALARY: $23,421.00 (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled