Under the direction of the Vice President of Academic Affairs, the Dean of Waxahachie Campus will provide leadership, guidance, and direction to the Waxahachie Campus while supporting and promoting the mission and priorities of the Navarro College District. The duties include supervision, management, and coordination of all aspects of the operation of the Waxahachie Campus excluding instruction, which is the responsibility of the Instructional Dean of the Waxahachie Campus. The Campus Dean provides supervision to the general areas of student services, enrollment services, business services, marketing, human resources, and operations in conjunction with the district leadership for each of those areas. The Campus Dean monitors departmental budgets and is responsible for the Waxahachie Campus budget as a whole. The Campus Dean serves as the community liaison to the city of Waxahachie and surrounding communities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as the campus administrator for the Waxahachie campus; oversees advising, tutoring, testing, admissions and records, business services, financial aid, library services, dining/vending services, campus police, maintenance, information technology, MISC, student recruiting, marketing, human resources, international programs, campus stores, adult education, and student activities in conjunction with the district administrators for these areas.
- Ensures priorities of the Waxahachie Campus are in alignment with those for the Navarro College District.
- Reviews, approves, and oversees the preparation and administration of the budget for the Waxahachie Campus.
- Provides leadership needed to maintain SACSCOC compliance, including oversight of activities associated with institutional effectiveness.
- In collaboration with the Instructional Dean of the Waxahachie Campus, Vice Presidents and Executive Deans, identifies and develops new programs and partnerships.
- Assists the Vice President of Finance and Administration with all the functions of Business Services including Cashiers, Financial Aid, and purchasing and financial compliance.
- Prepares the overall budget for the Waxahachie Campus with input from the Instructional Dean of the Waxahachie Campus, Waxahachie personnel, and district administrators.
- Approves requisitions or other supporting paperwork to purchase needed materials for the Waxahachie Campus.
- Assists the Vice President of Human Resources with all functions of the Human Resources department including employee relations, record keeping, recruitment and selection, position classification, compliance, and employee recognition.
- Participates in interviews and recommends candidates for hire in support staff, paraprofessional or administrative roles on the Waxahachie Campus.
- Supervises and evaluates job performance of support staff, paraprofessional and administrative personnel in conjunction with district administration for those reporting to the Campus Dean.
- Maintains a good rapport with community, industry, and independent school districts and assists district administrators with the development and implementation of articulation agreements, grant programs, etc.
- In collaboration with the Director of Marketing and the Vice President of Enrollment Management and Institutional Effectiveness, coordinates publicity and registration activities for the Navarro College Waxahachie location to ensure that enrollment targets are met.
- Identifies and promotes Continuing Education and corporate training courses in conjunction with the Director of Continuing Education and builds strong relationships with business and industry.
- Serves on the Academic Council and participates in dean and administrator meetings.
- Promotes student engagement and assists in resolving student discipline matters in association with appropriate district administrators.
- Promotes an excellent learning and working environment; ensuring that classes and work stations have adequate facilities, equipment, and supplies.
- Identifies and oversees plans and activities focused on promoting the safety and security at the Waxahachie Campus; in charge of Watchdog Alert for Waxahachie Campus.
- Attends appropriate local, state, and national conferences as approved by the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Assists the Vice President of Students Services and the Dean of the Midlothian Campus to coordinate the Ellis County commencement ceremonies.
- With support from district administrators, the Dean plans and coordinates student functions and community activities.
- Promotes positive campus moral and ensures adequate internal/external communication.
- Plans registration and staffing flow with the Vice President of Enrollment Management and Institutional Effectiveness.
- Works with the Navarro College Foundation to promote fundraising for campus area.
- All other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of three (3) years administrative experience, including supervision of full-time personnel and oversight of a budget.
- A doctorate degree in higher education administration or a related field.
- Five years administrative experience, preferably in a community college.
- Experience in off-campus administration.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- An understanding of and commitment to the community college mission and philosophy.
- Strong interpersonal skills; effective communicator.
- Ability to manage and supervise campus operations at a distance from district leadership.
- Commitment to quality education and the professional development of faculty and staff.
- A student-oriented philosophy.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing and an ability to work effectively with students, faculty, administrators, classified staff, and diverse community groups.
- Commitment to the concepts of institutional effectiveness and the ability to provide leadership in planning and evaluation of academic programs.
- Dedication to innovation and creativity.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
- Must reside within the service area of the Waxahachie Campus.
- Must be insurable by college auto insurance policy.
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Academic Affairs
SALARY: Commensurate with Education & Experience (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled