Under the direction and supervision of the Academic Advisor/Tutoring Coordinator, professional tutors will provide one-on-one and small group tutoring to students.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend required training sessions.
- Incorporate skills learned in training to daily practice with students.
- Understand the curriculum and course requirements within their subject area, and teach in a manner to support it.
- Provide one-on-one and small group tutoring to students, incorporating:
- Learning opportunities that address multiple learning styles
- Practices that address affective factors such as anxiety
- Study skills that empower the student to learn
- Technology such as computers and tablet PCs, with related software
- Provide support to peer tutors and the coordinator as needed.
- Be available for additional hours during peak periods of the semester, such as finals.
- Be punctual and notify the supervisor of any delays or absences from work.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s degree with course work in the subject area you will tutor with a grade of B or higher
- Letter of Recommendation
- Master’s degree with course work in subject area you will tutor
- Tutoring and/or teaching experience
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position. Hours may include evenings.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Academic Advisor/Tutoring Coordinator
SALARY: $15.00 per hour / up to 10 hours per week.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled