The Accounting Clerk – College Stores is responsible to the Director of College Stores. Areas of responsibility include two locations of the Navarro College campus stores (Waxahachie and Midlothian).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement and update software as it applies to operation of the college bookstore systems and maintain procedures manuals.
- Create, maintain and update procedure manuals for receiving soft goods and supplies for the Waxahachie and Midlothian campuses.
- Process accounts payable for the Waxahachie and Midlothian locations including matching orders and invoices, receiving merchandise on-line where applicable, vouchering for payment and maintaining all accounts payable vendor files.
- Process and follow up on all third party billings for student accounts to assure timely and accurate billings and collections. Maintain all third party billing files.
- Process departmental charges for Waxahachie and Midlothian campuses twice a month.
- Maintain point of sale register reconciliation processes for all locations and prepare daily reports.
- Provide training and support for college store cashiers at the Waxahachie and Midlothian campuses.
- Balance and maintain change funds.
- Responsible for ordering, stocking and distributing supplies for resale in the bookstore and for special orders placed by faculty and staff.
- Assists with coordination of annual and periodic inventory counts including the actual counting of inventory. Includes investigating any variances that occur.
- Responsible for producing required reports for annual and periodic inventory counts.
- Assists with supervising and training student/part-time personnel as needed, especially in the areas of soft goods, supplies and receiving of inventory.
- Assists the Director with selection and scheduling of part-time workers, including sending them home when they are not needed.
- Assists with the fulfillment of on-line book and merchandise orders.
- Maintain detail record of student rental books.
- Prepare reports as scheduled or requested.
- Balance safe daily and maintain change funds.
- Assists in helping customers.
- Willing to work events such as graduations, fundraisers, concessions, etc.
- Assists in completing sales/refunds on cash registers.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of College Stores or Administration.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High school diploma.
- Three (3) years’ experience in account/clerical work or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Ability to obtain a Food Service manager’s license.
- Associates degree
- Retail experience.
- College course work in accounting, computer science or business administration.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong computer skills – able to learn new computer software as required.
- Must be able to operate the point of sale system and coordinate balancing of all POS systems on all campuses.
- Must be dependable and able to work with little supervision.
- Must be able to work flexible hours during rush periods.
- Must have excellent customer service skills along with a pleasant personality.
- Must present a neat and professional appearance.
- Must be organized in order to accomplish multiple tasks.
- Ability to make judgments and decisions based upon operating directives established by the Director of College Stores.
- Must be able to work as a team player.
- Must always maintain confidentiality related to bookstore business.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Director of College Stores
SALARY: $23,421.00 Annually (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled