Reporting to the Business Manager, the Administrative Assistant III – Cashier, will be responsible for carrying out the proper functions and duties necessary to provide adequate administrative and student support services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides back up closing duties to the Cashiers’ Office as needed, balancing all accounts and performing closing functions.
- Balances and prepares the daily deposit for the following accounts/areas:
- Massage Therapy
- Cashiers’ Office (as necessary)
- Other accounts as deemed necessary
- Provides counter service to walk up clients. Accepts student payments for tuition and fees as well as placement testing and other fees as deemed necessary.
- Accepts and enters call in payments for clients.
- Assists students with questions regarding financial aid disbursement and other college areas.
- Provides support and responds to questions regarding the Beau Card and HigherOne. (Navarro College’s chosen funds disbursement service)
- Performs Pell Grant deposits to Clients’ ID cards in the form of Navarro Dinero.
- Provides data entry of daily Navarro Dinero deposits into the Colleague system and sends reports to appropriate personnel.
- Performs data entry of parking citations and other accounts payable areas into the Colleague system as necessary.
- Works with financial aid in accepting and entering scholarship payments into the Colleague system.
- Provides phone coverage as necessary.
- Refers students to appropriate agencies/departments as needed.
- Provides assistance in ensuring cashier coverage of the Cashiers’ Office for all open office hours.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by the Business Manager and Administrators.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in an office setting.
- Accounting and/or cashiering experience.
- Associates and/or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience working in a multiple employee setting with counter support.
- Previous school and/or college work experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Present a professional appearance in the work place.
- Ability to handle large amounts of money accurately.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills and knowledgeable in Excel and other Microsoft office programs. Ability to utilize computer technology to access information, maintain records, generate reports and effectively communicate.
- Knowledge of other office machines such as copiers, fax, credit card machines and calculators.
- Ability to learn about and support other college departments such as admissions, financial aid, counseling, dual credit, etc.; as well as, college standards and regulations.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to multi-task; capable of handling multiple responsibilities.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and the ability to function as a team player.
- Willingness to work in a busy environment with numerous interruptions with attention to detail.
- Willingness to work additional hours during the week and occasional weekends if called upon.
- Variances from regular assigned working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
- Open office environment with multiple employees sharing office space.
REPORTS TO: Business Manager, Ellis County Campuses
SALARY: $22,376.00 (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled