The Payroll Assistant assists the Payroll Specialist with processing the monthly payroll and preparing monthly reports. The Payroll Assistant will be responsible for the preparation and processing of the monthly payroll including preparing monthly reports in the absence of the Payroll Specialist. The Payroll Assistant is responsible to the Payroll Specialist.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verify time sheets, time cards, and time records.
- Maintain and process authorized absences.
- Prepare the payroll leave spreadsheet.
- Data entry prior to and during the payroll process.
- Maintain list of checks delivered to other campuses.
- Date stamp all documents received in the payroll department.
- Maintain encumbrances.
- Prepare employee folders for new employees.
- File all documents in the employee folders.
- Disseminate copies of contracts, status forms, and stipends.
- Assist in preparing the monthly payroll register for subsequent payrolls.
- Assist in verification of student status prior to payroll processing.
- Assist with payroll processing procedures.
- Assist with report preparation.
- Prepares purchase orders for the payroll department.
- Maintains retention of records in accordance with the retention schedule.
- In the absence of the Payroll Specialist, responsible for the preparation and processing of the monthly payroll.
- In the absence of the Payroll Specialist, responsible for the preparation and submission of monthly reports.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High School diploma or GED Equivalency.
- Payroll experience.
- Some college coursework.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Detail oriented.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Necessitates confidentiality.
- Proficient in office software programs, excellent keyboarding and computer literacy skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
- Overtime required including weekends during peak periods.
- Time off scheduled around the payroll window.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
REPORTS TO: Comptroller
SALARY: $23,421.00 (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled