This position is grant funded and continuation is dependent upon availability of grant funds.
The Program Coordinator for Adult Education is responsible for assisting in the implementation of projects and coordination of activities to meet the goals and objectives of the Adult Education Program. The Program Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Adult Education.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reports directly to and is responsible to the Director of Adult Education.
- Be familiar with rules and regulations of the Adult Education programs as directed by the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC).
- Responsible for verifying data for the Texas Educating Adults Management System (TEAMS).
- Assists director in monitoring class instruction to ensure activities in classes are designed to promote state and federal performance measures being met.
- Keeps current on all new and revised regulations, directives and other communications of TEAMS.
- Responsible for all incoming and outgoing records with instructors and TWC.
- Responsible for monitoring student contact hours that are required for TWC.
- Oversees the collection of student data submitted TWC and compiles this data for the annual performance report.
- Responsible for tracking students after graduation.
- Serves on the Adult Education advisory committee.
- Assist Director with the program’s new hire and in-service training for all Adult Education staff, instructors and aides.
- Reviews and selects instructional materials use by Adult Education instructors for Navarro College Adult Education classes.
- Monitors all Adult Education classes within the service area.
- Conducts student and professional evaluations for all instructors.
- Assists in coordinating program events such as the AEL Celebration Ceremony.
- Assist each instructor with the federal and state legislation regarding the Adult Education program.
- Suggest trainings determined necessary for Adult Education instructional staff.
- Maintains a positive program image within each community throughout the service areas.
- Be an active member in the Texas Association for Literacy and Adult Education (TALAE) for professional development purposes.
- Assist in recruiting and retaining Adult Education students.
- Recruits instructional staff and assists to facilitate the interview process.
- Assists instructors with adequate facilities, equipment, curricula and supplies.
- Attends appropriate local and state conferences related to Adult Education.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Adult Education.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least one (1) year experience in public education.
- Master’s degree.
- At least one (1) year experience in Adult Education.
- At least one (1) year experience with TWC (Texas Workforce Commission).
- Bilingual in Spanish highly recommended.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship, communication, organizational, and promotional skills are a necessity.
- Exemplify a spirit of teamwork and commitment by balancing team and individual responsibilities.
- Demonstrates professionalism by approaching others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibilities for own actions; and follows through with commitments.
- Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving the Adult Education program; develops innovative approaches and ideas; and presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- Must have excellent computer skills in order to perform this job successfully. Should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and the internet.
- Travel is required throughout the service area in the evenings and possibly on weekends.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight time frames.
- Willing to work in a busy environment with numerous interruptions.
- Willing to work occasional weekend if called upon.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
- Maintain reliable transportation in order to travel over four-county service area.
REPORTS TO: Director of Adult Education
SALARY: $33,000 – $34,000. – Commensurate with Education and Experience (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled